- United States
R&D Packaging Developer Consumer Beauty Division
United States, Morris Plains, NJ
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking for a Packaging Developer to join the R&D Packaging organization at our Technical Center in New Jersey.
Reporting to a Consumer Beauty Division Packaging Manager, the Packaging Developer will be executing the development and qualification of packaging solutions for a portfolio of projects on a range of global leading brands.
This will involve fast paced development of primary and secondary packaging solutions, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing and Design agencies) through initial qualification of packaging components at suppliers, in Coty plants and Third Party Manufacturers, and all the way to a successful delivery in market.
Initiative must have success measures, including on-time launch, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
The role necessitates a high level of internal collaboration multi-functionally (Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory) as well as externally (Design agencies, fashion houses, universities, packaging suppliers).
In this role as Packaging Developer, the job holder will be expected to lead the technical qualification of a range of packaging components. Will coordinate the technical testing with the packaging suppliers, whilst owning and communicating the final technical specification.
The job holder will actively look to execute organizational capabilities, contributing to the strengths of the Global Coty Packaging Development organization. This can include exploratory lab testing of new packaging technologies, physical and digital prototyping and rendering capabilities, modelling and simulation approaches.
R&D Packaging is responsible for supporting business strategy in meeting their current and future needs, in term of Packaging and Product Innovation, with a Consumer Driven approach.
- Category Strategy - Deliver innovation and value for money in accordance with the agreed Business Plans and Procurement Strategy. Drive category towards continuous improvement based on knowledge of consumer insights, and technical intelligence.
- Project Conception and Industrialization - Collaborate with marketing and their creative resources (e.g. Technology Innovation Council Category Leaders, external or in-house designers) on establishing feasibility and cost parameters for each new initiative proposed concepts.
- Managing Relationship - Develop positive relationships with business partners to understand current and future business needs. Seek, develop, and promote new ideas & innovation. Ensure industrial partners (e.g Procurement, Production, Engineering) involvement in process right from the onset.
- R&D PACKAGING as a key player - Demonstrate the value of R&D Packaging function to the business through managing and anticipating expectations. Be mindful of the Coty objectives and act to reach them (Innovation, Gross margin adherence, customer service).
R&D Packaging responsibilities
- Manage concurrently several projects varying from simple to very complex.
- Use appropriate processes, techniques, and tools to support category management and improved initiatives performance.
- Support Procurement supplier selection strategy by providing feedback on periodical performance assessment (innovation category)
- Conduct packaging activity in accordance with Coty stated ethics and legal policies.
- Collaborate with all Coty R&D Packaging network on common Coty packaging interests
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience, ideally within packaging.
- A strong technical / experimental background is essential, preferably with some experience in product design.
- The ability to handle multiple technical inputs and come to quick and insightful conclusions based upon them.
- Operates with discipline in a dynamic and fast-moving initiatives pipeline. Must act with a sense of ownership to ensure the right technical plan is in place and the team is focused on the right priorities.
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Willingness to learn and develop organizational capabilities in line with current and future needs.
- Contribute to organizational development through implementation of new processes and systems.
- A strength for collaboration with both internal (Marketing, procurement, Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (suppliers, design agencies, fashion houses) Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy. Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment
- Academic qualifications: A Scientific Bachelor's Degree
- CAD literacy will be a plus
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long-term shareholder value.
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com .
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.
Back to top