Manager, OPI Product Insights (R&D)
- Woodland Hills, CA
OPI PRODUCT INSIGHTS MANAGER - R&D
PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY | CALABASAS, CA
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for a Product Insights Manager to join the OPI R&D team. OPI is the #1 Professional salon nail brand worldwide. Reporting to the Vice President of OPI R&D (a member of the Coty R&D Lead Team), you will lead the discovery of nail product insights, which you will translate into technical success criteria, and find creative ways to communicate product benefits to the OPI consumer via product demos and claims.
• Product Insights: Develop an understanding of how consumers speak about product benefits and needs for the Nail category. Building from Consumer Market insights, competitor launch data, and category trends, you will design and deploy studies aimed at uncovering consumer and manicurist unmet needs/opportunities in the global design markets.
• Technical Success Criteria: You will then translate these insights into product designs (defined through detailed technical success criteria) that will delight the target consumers. You will work closely with the One Nail R&D Basic Research and Product Development teams to bring these products to life and validate performance criteria has been met.
• Scientific Communication & Claims: Showcase new technology with impactful communication sharing new, better, different consumer benefits compared to best in class in house and competition products/technologies. Develop demos to showcase product superiority in easy to follow format for non-scientific community.
• Build understanding of Nail category, competitive landscape, and consumer need gaps to develop winning products for all Coty Nail brands
• Build correlation between instrumental testing and real-life product performance
• Build R&D capability in scientific communication & claims substantiation
• Create demos to illustrate product differences, building the reason to believe in the product efficacy
• Generation and presentation of product/technology related communication material that facilitates market entry and activation
• Translate technical information and product benefits into language that manicurists and consumers can understand and appreciate
• Lead and support generation of product stories, claims and materials with true technical expertise, as related to concepts and/or product marketing briefs
• Review and align the results/data from tests performed by research labs
• Illustrate innovation in a verbal, visual and written manner for internal and/or external presentations and documentation
• Seek and quickly seize opportunities in scientific communication from different industries for transfer to the beauty industry
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
• Minimum Bachelor's degree(s) in Sensory Science, Data Science, Life Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific arena
• 5+ years relevant industry experience. Experience in Nails or beauty industry is preferred.
• Strong fundamental scientific background and technical expertise
• Proven ability to translate consumer needs into technical deliverables.
• Hands on experience in product testing and consumer testing and analysis
• Experience / knowledge to create learning plan and define success criteria .
• Experience developing and validating instrumental analysis techniques that are correlated to product performance.
• Strong data analytics skills, including statistical analysis of complex data sets. Experience in modeling or data mapping preferred.
• Strong communication skills and capable of working with multifunctional groups to move project forward
• Proficiency in scientific writing. Capable of communicating science to non-technical community.
• Curiosity for science, global beauty industry, and trends
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Team player and exhibit "can do" attitude
• Internally motivated
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empleo
Back to top