Manager, OPI Global Marketing
- Woodland Hills, CA
Manager, OPI Global Marketing
Los Angeles, CA (Calabasas)
"Wella" is one of the world's leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together "Wella"), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty's Professional and Retail Hair businesses, "Wella" is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. "Wella" and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about "Wella" please visit www.wellamicrosite.com.
OPI -- is the #1 professional nail brand globally with portfolio of products that serve both professionals and consumer's needs. It is the most recognized brand with the broadest global footprint. It has the strongest equity owning key attributes of professional expertise as well as color authority. It commands a leading position the strategic channels it is present.
OPI's purpose is to transform the world through the power of color. With a strong salon heritage, OPI is present in 100,000 salons, used by over 500,000 nail professionals and loved by millions of women around the world.
At OPI, we have the ambition to double the business over the next 5 years through both portfolio expansion as well as accelerating distribution internationally.
The role of Marketing Manager, reporting to and working closely with the OPI Marketing Director, will be responsible for leading global marketing efforts as they relate to the development & introduction of new product, go-to-market strategy and support materials in order to deliver brand growth targets. The role requires strong partnership with cross functional partners such as Research & Development, Digital, Creative, Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain teams as well as collaboration with local markets. The successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability and ambition are paired with a desire to achieve results collaboratively.
- Lead development of new product innovations from concept, P&Ls to commercialization including formula and packaging development to address market opportunities, in partnership with the global multifunctional team
- Collect and analyze consumer and market insights as well as competition landscape and strategies & submit recommendation
- Execute marketing vision, strategies and tactics for existing and new products within the Professional nail category, developing holistic toolboxes including communication visuals, sell-in materials, launch promotions, store, salon and digital advertising & collateral.
- Analyze portfolio performance & provide optimization recommendation to management team
- Develop annual global marketing plan recommendations based on extensive brand, competitive and promotion analysis.
- Manage brand budget within corporate processes and procedures.
- Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- 2+ years' experience in brand management or product marketing. Experience in beauty industry is strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills: consumer & shopper insights identification & recommendation of action plans. Problem-solving oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, operation discipline and ability to work in autonomy, under general direction, and deliver output requirements timely
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strategic thinking yet hands-on approach
- Highly collaborative - strong ability to work well with other cross-functional partners - with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrates passion for beauty, creative thinking and brand building and ability to develop quickly category and product expertise.
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A bachelor's degree is required (Business Administration, Marketing or similar discipline), and an MBA is preferred.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
- Attractive salary package
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Wide range of benefits (health insurance, pension, car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles as well as wellbeing benefits)
- Continued learning and growth opportunities
- Truly international and diverse environment where you can be your true self
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Back to top