- Soest, Netherlands
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Manager of Ecotoxicology in support of the R&D organization. The purpose of the function is to lead the Ecotoxicity and Environmental Safety Capability to assess and guarantee the development of ecological and sustainable products developed within the company and distributed worldwide.
This is a unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact across the business. You will work in a highly motivated environment with a team who are passionate about what they do-and know how to have some fun along the way!
- Point of contact for environmental risk assessments.
- Participate in chemical law mediation (REACH in EU and other regions).
- Ensure environmental compliance with global chemical regulations (e.g. EU-REACH).
- Cooperate and manage departmental or cross-divisional projects.
- Responsible for creating Study Summaries for substances being registered under REACH and similar regulations.
- Coordinate study plan for new substances and products with the authorities, with the aim to ensure the registration of products is successful.
- Provide advice to the company's customers in matters of ecological product safety & sustainability and represent Coty at Cosmetic Europe and at PCPC.
- Support all the Development categories in the assessment of the biodegradability of the raw materials and claim substantiation.
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
These are the key qualifications we need for this role:
- Ideally 5+ years of R&D experience in the consumer products industry or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Degree in Biology, Toxicology, Environmental Sciences (or similar).
- Experience in the whole field of eco-toxicology, including practical expertise as study director (beneficially also in alternative testing strategies in vitro, QSAR, read-across).
- Familiarity with preparation of REACH registration dossiers (IUCLID) highly desirable.
- Experience in the preparation of environmental Risk Assessments.
- Experience in project delivery, problem solving, collaboration with other functions as Regulatory and Safety Experts is beneficial.
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand-new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad.
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in colour cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair colour and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top