IT Director - Business Facing Supply Chain
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Position Title: IT Director, Business Facing Supply Chain
Location: Lodz, Poland
Reports to: IT Business Facing Lead
ABOUT THE WELLA COMPANY
Together, WE enable individuals to look, feel, and be their true selves.
Wella Company is one of the world's leading beauty companies, comprised of a family of iconic brands such as Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, Nioxin and ghd. With 6,000 employees globally, presence in over 100 countries, Wella Company and its brands enable consumers to look, feel, and be their true selves. As innovators in the hair and nail industry, Wella Company empowers its people to delight consumers, inspire beauty professionals, engage communities, and deliver sustainable growth to its stakeholders. For additional information about the Wella Company please visit www.wellacompany.com .
As the IT Director Business Facing Supply Chain in Wella you will organize or coordinate some of the key phases of the projects (scoping, design, development, testing, go-live, hypercare) - in coordination with relevant IT departments / leaders (including digital) under the Wella governance model. You will develop an in-depth understanding of the portfolio of projects for Supply Chain (for the next 3 to 5 years). You will follow established reporting & control capabilities for the portfolio of projects (scope, timing, costs) - in coordination with the current teams.
- Manage IT projects within the Supply Chain portfolio (scope, costs, key phases, etc). This includes managing external consultants on your project and the interaction with Supply Chain business partners. This also includes internal coordination with the IT organization and compliance to the IT governance process.
- Provide support and assistance developing requirements for specific projects - this includes scope additions and any change to the initial baseline (time, budget)
- Oversee the budget for specific projects in close coordination with the head of business facing and IT controller.
- Contribute to the IT strategy with Business facing leader to support the deployment of a complex portfolio of strategic projects for Supply Chain.
- Identifies opportunities for business improvements through new IT capabilities
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of a 3-5 year IT strategy that is based on business objectives for their respective function\
- Assists in the process to establish the next fiscal years capital or opex requests
- Capture business demands and review with Business facing leader to ensure the overall IT strategy agreed with the business
- Oversees resources assigned to development of business requirements & specifications
- Oversees project delivery and ensure proper alignment with IT leadership and the business leadership
- Ensures proper follow-up of testing and alignment between IT and the business. Is not directly involved with testing.
- Ensures proper follow-up of post-go live support and agrees project completion with business leadership
- Establishes necessary application / infrastructure SLAs with the business leaders for their respective business unit / region
- Maintains the ability to approve when a significant change can occur
- Manages communication to business leadership & actions with the IT leadership (applications & infrastructure) - is not directly involved with the resolution
- Manages specific projects built outside of the COE or infrastructure
- Controls identification of key risks and mitigation plans before and during projects. Provides support in the development of business continuity plans with their respective function
- Owns communicating security policies and issues with their respective business
- Defines training requirements for end users and ensures they are executed by the COE or vendor according to plan.
- 15+ years of experience in technology / business facing in the SupplyChain domain
- Fluent in English.
- B.Sc. degree with major on IT, computer science or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background leading large, complex IT initiatives and project management
- Background managing external IT vendors and suppliers
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal frameworks around IT systems
- Technical skills in architecture patterns, solutions design and web application performance;
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal. Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong business sense and ability to develop sound opportunities to meet the needs of the business.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Personal energy and ability to inspire teams and individuals;
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge with enterprise applications & processes used to support the specific business functions
- Working knowledge of logistics and manufacturing business processes
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Wella Company with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at: https://www.wellacompany.com/consumer-affairs
We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. #wellacareers
Back to top