Indirect Tax Analyst
- Sanford, FL
Indirect Tax Analyst
We are looking for an Indirect Tax Analyst to join our Global Tax Department. The position is responsible for supporting the indirect tax function (which includes sales and use tax, property tax, and ad hoc tax payments) for North America including Canada and Puerto Rico. The analyst will support and work closely with the Indirect Tax Manager to ensure compliance across multiple jurisdictions and business functions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Accurate and timely preparation, filing, and payment of indirect tax returns (sales/use, business & occupation, gross receipts, and property tax) for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings for the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico for multiple entities.
• Preparing import tax releases for shipments into Puerto Rico.
• Calculating Canadian GST on intercompany sales.
• Maintaining electronic copies of all reports and payment confirmations.
• Assisting with indirect tax audits by gathering, analyzing, and providing requested audit supporting documentation as needed.
• Maintaining filing calendar.
• Monitoring legislation and communicating any new regulations to the Indirect Tax Manager.
• Assisting with internal exemption certificates for a manufacturing and distribution organization and performing relevant research when necessary.
• Assisting with reconciliation of indirect tax general ledger accounts and proposing journal entries as necessary to record accruals or adjustments.
• Monitoring Nexus footprint and assisting with business registrations where applicable.
• Preparing tax requests from Corporate Income Tax including Income Tax and Commercial Activity Tax reporting.
• Working with Indirect Tax Manager by communicating observed tax issues/risks.
• Participating in indirect tax projects to improve processes, minimize manual manipulation of data, and maintain accuracy.
• Assisting with new systems testing and integrations for indirect tax compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
Back to top