Global Category Procurement Director - TPM
- Soest, Netherlands
A BOUT COTY
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At Coty Procurement we are at the heart of the Coty Turnaround, leading the way towards regaining operational leadership, and contributing to rediscovering growth. We achieve this by delivering end-to-end, sustainable value creation, leveraging the power of our supplier network, operating in a lean & agile fashion, and driving stronger cooperation with key stakeholders, also thanks to the move of our central Procurement teams to our global HQ in Amsterdam. Join the team that is making a tangible difference for the future of Coty, participate to one of the biggest transformation in the industry, driving and leveraging our culture of pride and performance!
The purpose of the Global Category Director Third Party Manufacturing position is to develop, communicate and execute the sourcing strategy at a Global level in order to optimize the Total Cost of Ownership for Coty. The role will take overall ownership over supplier base in our business of Skin Care, Body Care, Aerosols and Fragrance with spend 100-200M USD. The role drives strategy and business plan and will act as commercial project leader on international cross functional projects within the category. The position is expected to be the main driver creating savings and spend insight on group level including transparency on processes and policies across markets. Additionally, the position is expected to report and share findings, savings and transferring best practice experiences across Coty. With the sustainability being part of our mission, the role will also drive sustainability programs with suppliers. The position shall ensure appropriate support and alignment from local business units and countries in the implementation and execution of the strategy and relevant projects. In all its activities the position is expected to act as a commercial expert working closely together with all of the relevant teams as well as any other relevant internal or external stakeholder.
The position is expected to deliver 'Cost out', 'Value in' and 'Cash in' for Coty and requires close cooperation with a broad group Coty business stakeholder, for instance R&D, Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Create and deliver short, medium, long term category and sourcing strategy to ensure best TCO for Coty
- Engage Leaders to deploy Category Strategy and lead execution on local level leveraging local teams.
- Effectively manage team to deliver maximum efficiency and value to business stakeholders.
- Implement Third Party Manufacturing Contracts
- Partner with all marketing population and leaders to select Global/Regional Preferred vendor lists for our Factories and DCs
- Strengthen category Playbook to unlock value and build synergies between Third Party Manufacturing and Raws and Pack Categories.
- Implement Supplier Relation Management program and drive YoY Improvement and sustainability agenda
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
Key qualifications and behaviours:
- Solid experience in Procurement, at least 12 years
- Proven experience in working in an international environment and matrix organization
- Solid experience working with Leaders
- Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or other relevant discipline. MBA advantageous.
- Experience in team Management
- High degree of fluency of English is required
- Result oriented, hands-on individual with solid track record
- Experience in team Management
- Strategic thinking balanced with speed to action
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working
- Takes personal and professional accountability
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful
- Strong service ethic and results oriented
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in color cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair color and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top