Global Category Director - CAPEX, Industrial & Facilities
- Soest, Netherlands
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
At Coty Procurement we are at the heart of the Coty Turnaround, leading the way towards regaining operational leadership, and contributing to rediscovering growth.
We achieve this by delivering end-to-end, sustainable value creation, leveraging the power of our supplier network, operating in a lean & agile fashion, and driving stronger cooperation with key stakeholders, also thanks to the move of our central Procurement teams to our global HQ in Amsterdam. Join the team that is making a tangible difference for the future of Coty, participate to one of the biggest transformation in the industry, driving and leveraging our culture of pride and performance!
The purpose of the Global Category Director - CAPEX, Industrial & Facilities position is to develop, communicate and execute the sourcing strategy at a Global level in order to optimize the Total Cost of Ownership for Coty. The role will take overall ownership over CAPEX, Industrial & Facilities category strategy and business plan and will act as commercial project leader on international cross functional projects within the category. The position is expected to be the main driver creating savings and spend insight on group level including transparency on processes and policies across markets. Additionally the position is expected to report and share findings, savings and transferring best practice experiences across Coty. The position shall ensure appropriate support and alignment from local business units and countries in the implementation and execution of the strategy and relevant projects. In all its activities the position is expected to act as a commercial expert working closely together with all of the relevant teams as well as any other relevant internal or external stakeholder. The position is expected to deliver 'Cost out', 'Value in' and 'Cash in' for Coty and requires close cooperation with a broad group Coty business stakeholders, for instance CAPEX, Industrial & Facilities.
- Create and deliver short, medium, long term sourcing strategy to ensure best TCO for Coty
- Engage Site Leaders (Factories, DCs & Key HQs) to deploy Category Strategy and lead execution on local level leveraging local teams.
- Lead a Team of 2 Senior Buyers with Global scope
- Partner with Engineering Community and Site leaders to select Global/Regional Preferred vendor lists for our Factories. DCs & key HQs
- Build "fit for purpose" category Playbook to unlock value and build synergies
- Implement Supplier Relation Management program and drive YoY Improvement
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
Key qualifications and behaviours:
- Solid experience in Procurement, at least 12 years
- Proven experience in working in an international environment and matrix organization
- Management experience
- Solid experience working with Engineering & Technical Team
- Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or other relevant discipline. MBA advantageous.
- Result oriented, hands-on individual with solid track record
- Strong analytical skills and project management capabilities
- Proven Influencing, Negotiation, Communication and Presentation skills
- Knowledge on CAPEX & Facility Management is a plus
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand-new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad.
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in colour cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair colour and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top