EMEA Customs Manager
- Soest, Netherlands
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The EMEA Logistics team operates across the entire Coty business and provides exceptional service to our customer through our DC network and our transport operation team. The team operates on daily bases to deliver a competitive advantage to our partners by setting the strategy and frameworks, as well continues improvement of our operations. More than 3B$ of net revenue goes through our 27 Distribution centers. We manage on daily bases more then 50k SKUs and more that 400 trucks.
Coty is seeking an exceptional individual to join the EMEA Logistics team. In this role the person will lead the customs team and work closely with the entire transportation team in Amsterdam and in the various location within the EMEA region. This is a very operational role and requires in-depth day to day handling of internal and external partners. This role is focused on all custom's relevant activities. The Role will report directly to the EMEA Transportation Director.
The purpose of the role is to ead the team of customs operations and build continues improvement on processes capability of the team members. The Customs Team will work closely with the Markets, the DC
s the transportation team and Haulers to support extraordinary service (OTIF) as well as driving further productivity activities. The Team leader will also collaborate very close with our Tax department. The Team is focused on customs operations and therefore requires and excellent level of knowledge in this area. The person needs have people management experience, passion for day to day operational challenges, work cross functions and being strong in communication and problem solving. We are looking for a person who leads the team on continues improvements in all relevant customs areas and implement relevant processes. <br> The individual who fills this role will be expected to communicate with customs authorities as well with all relevant interfaces. The person will be fully engaged into the EMEA Logistics team in Amsterdam and contribute as team member into all aspects of Logistics. <br> <br> <strong>KEY RESPONSIBILITIES</strong> <br> <ul> <li> Lead a team of customs specialists and communication with customs regulations </li> <li> Work closely with the transportation team and develop addition productivity ideas and leverage the network knowledge. </li> <li> Will work very close with all DCs and decentralized transportation teams
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
Key qualifications and behaviours:
- Well experienced in people management
- 5+ year of experience in customs operations in global operating business
- In-depth knowledge customs processes, rules and laws.
- Documented continues education in actual customs definitions and rules
- Fluent English and Dutch, plus ideally additional languages, e.g. German, French, Spanish
- Fully educated in MS-Office use
- Experience in SAP
- Knowledge of customs system such as ATLAS, MICS
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand-new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad.
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in colour cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair colour and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top