Demand/Market Forecast Planner
Demand/ Market Forecast Planner
Supply Chain, Demand Planning
Professional Beauty, Calabasas
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
The Market Forecast Planner is responsible for delivering an unbiased and accurate Brand forecast to enable business and supply planning. The MFP reports to the Director, Demand Planning and is a key part of the Demand Planning team and has overall responsibilities for working with key Brand/Sales partners to gather demand related Market intelligence. Market intelligence includes initiatives, distribution, pricing, and promotional activities. The MFP then collaborates with the Brand Demand Planner to integrate the market intel into the forecast
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Develop deep knowledge of market characteristics and previous marketing events to optimize the forecast
- Represent demand planning in Commercial (Brand/Sales) meetings.
- Gather market-specific forecast information ('market intelligence') from Commercial teams (Brand/Sales) and provide consulting to Customer teams on customer events to optimize marketing plans.
- Gather information on future initiatives for own market from initiative planner
- Validate multifunctional forecast inputs for reasonability based on experience and market drivers, and influence input to deliver optimal plans.
- Translate market intelligence received into clear, specific value-added changes to the forecast, and communicate changes to Brand Demand Planner
- Collaborate with Brand Demand Planner on proposed changes to forecast
- Regularly educate Brand Demand Planner on characteristics of the market affecting the forecast, and current local business climate
- Validate final forecast for own Market/Category
- Maintain quality and consistency of key forecast changes and Risks & Opportunities
- Tracking team output and performance against business objectives
- Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrate ability to create and lead high performing teams to deliver team goals and results. Demonstrate ability to lead and influence peers and hierarchy.
- Collaboration Skills: Ability to work collaboratively across different styles. Develop strong partnerships. Must be able to work well with people not physically collocated.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly, transparently, concisely, and on a timely basis with leadership. Comfortable with dealing with conflict and issue resolution
- Capability Builder: Ability to coach and grow people not directly working for you. Demonstrate ability to build mastery. Individual should be seen as a strong team player.
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail, and organizational/time management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for problem solving and Goal orientated and results driven.
- Proficient computer knowledge - MS Word, Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in Demand or Supply Planning or Project Management
- 2-4 yr Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Beauty industry experience a plus
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top