Customer Marketing Manager
- New York, NY
"Wella Company " is one of the world's leading beauty companies, comprised of a family of iconic brands such as Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, Nioxin and ghd.
With 6,000 employees globally, presence in over 100 countries, Wella Company and its brands enable consumers to look, feel, and be their true selves. As innovators in the hair and nail industry, Wella Company empowers its people to delight consumers, inspire beauty professionals, engage communities, and deliver sustainable growth to its stakeholders.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
For additional information about "Wella" please visit www.wellacompany.com .
Clairol is an iconic brand that launched the hair color category in the United States. To continue this exciting journey and deliver on our customer promise, we are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Clairol Customer Marketing professional to join the team.
The Customer Marketing Manager (CMM) leads the Retailer strategy enabling the sales organization to achieve their business goals. The CMM is part of the Trade Marketing team responsible for developing the Clairol Trade & Customer strategic plans across the distribution, pricing, promotion, and in-store execution.
The CMM leads the development of account specific marketing programs and integrating national activations into account level planning while addressing gaps between the LSM and account plan. The CMM serves as the internal point of contact on the customer in critical internal planning meetings with Brand marketing, Finance, Consumer insights and Supply team.
- Build strong relationships with the Sales organization leading to an in-depth understanding of their retailer, shopper, competition & key focus points to enable development of winning strategies for Clairol.
- Work as part of the Clairol Trade Marketing team to serve as a liaison between Sales, Brand Trade Marketing, Local Marketing, E-commerce, Demand planning and Creative by providing knowledge of the customer to internal cross functional team members and by providing knowledge of the product group to field sales
- Own translation of Clairol Trade strategies such as national assortment strategy/pricing/promo, marketing plans into customer specific plans
- Own the development of adapting marketing strategy/plans into bespoke retailer marketing activation through solid insights and understanding of the shopper/retailer
- Leverage learnings based on data to improve return on investment of trade funds
- Analyse business performance across retailers and identify key performance drivers and/or potential gaps
- Work with sales management to develop national and account specific promotional programs with assigned Retailers
- Support field sales execution of customer specific business plans and initiatives, including customer sales calls
- Manage and track Clairol business performance monthly and support the forecasting / planning process.
- Work on the new item launch process ensuring timely delivery of product in the marketplace liasing with trade marketing, marketing & demand planning team.
You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- 4+ years' prior experience in consumer package goods sales / trade marketing environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive approach - take initiative to do what's needed for the business
- Strong Business analysis skills, detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams with a customer-focused mindset
- Knowledge of hair color category is a plus
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
- Attractive salary package
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Wide range of benefits (health insurance, pension, car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles as well as wellbeing benefits)
- Continued learning and growth opportunities
- Truly international and diverse environment where you can be your true self
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wella Company complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at: https://www.wellacompany.com/consumer-affairs .
We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster.
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo.
Back to top