- Soest, Netherlands
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Cosmetovigilance Lead in support of the R&D organization. The purpose of the function is to guarantee dermatological and product safety aspects of products developed within the company and distributed worldwide.
This is a unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact across the business. You will work in a highly motivated environment with a team who are passionate about what they do-and know how to have some fun along the way!
- Responsible for Cosmetovigilance for company products. Role includes assessment, monitoring and follow up of health-related complaints, including follow up of patch test substances and collaboration with medical doctors for case investigation. Cause clarification of health-relevant complaints (causality assessment) and introduction of suitable counter measures to avoid risks if needed.
- World-wide coordination of post-market surveillance activities. Medical consultant for legal department, consultancy role in insurance claims.
- Evaluate the cosmetovigilance records periodically and re-assessed with respect to product safety.
- The Cosmetovigilance Responsible will keep operational an efficient and up-to-date cosmetovigilance system and database.
- Medical consultant on aspect concerning the safety of products which are generated by hospitals, established physicians, professional associations and other customers.
- Represent the interests of the company in scientific committees and federations (e.g. Task Force Cosmetovigilance / Cosmetics Europe, working Group IKW/ BGW (German cosmetic toiletry and detergent association/professional association).
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
These are the key qualifications we need for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years of R&D experience in the consumer products industry or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Medical Degree with preferential experience in Dermatology.
- Experience with the guidelines of the Platform of European Market Surveillance Authorities in Cosmetics (PEMSAC) under the Cosmetic Directive and problems arising from the enforcement and monitoring of the application of the provisions of the Cosmetic Directive.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills, being able to lead, mentor and inspire a worldwide team located in different regions as China and Japan.
- Experience in project delivery, problem solving, collaboration with other functions as Consumer Affairs, Regulatory and Safety Experts is of benefit.
- Advanced computer skills - MS Office (all areas).
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand-new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad.
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in colour cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair colour and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top