CMI Continuous Data & Analytics Manager, NA Consumer Beauty
- United States
Coty is seeking a new CMI Manager for the Continuous Data & Analytics for the North America Consumer Business. The is a full-time position in the CMI Team in the Coty. The CMI Manager will report to the Sr. Director, NA CMI. As the lead of Data Analytics Stream for consumer beauty business, this role is rooted in market intelligence and shopper understanding and is driven through facts and data-based decision making. You will help to deliver the transformation plan we are building for Coty, delivering deep Analytical Thinking, supporting the Consumer Beauty business to build a drive analytics program designed to provide brand, category and market intelligence
As the Continuous Data & Analytics Manager you will be accountable for delivering timely Market Reports and Insights as well as foresight on Consumer Beauty Categories. You will achieve success in the role by deploying and governing the data & insights strategy which supports the business objectives regionally and delivering a robust understanding of the consumers/ shoppers, markets and competition to drive GROWTH and DELIVER levers to build innovation, equity and market share performance
In charge of verall Analytics and Reporting across Consumer Beauty - this role will have to strongly collaborate with various key cross-functional teams, key vendors along with Global CB Analytics team.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Reporting / Market Intelligence Ownership
- Own POS / Market Share data for the NA Consumer Beauty Division across categories
- Lead Reporting of Market Share in close partnership with Vendors and champion local market and competitive insights
- Provide insight and recommendations for actions based on data and analysis to enable enhanced decision making within the rest of the business i.e. overall performance, drivers, etc. and provide ad hoc support to the insights CMI team
- Lead knowledge across Coty and Competitive brands on: Market Share Heath, Launch Performance, Pricing, Format, Regional Performance and Portfolio Review
- Drive Executive Reporting (connecting dots with full organization for Exec Level Reporting / Business Review / DLT / DCD)
- Provide analysis and insight to drive recommendations against key business drivers
- Helping prepare presentation for key customer meetings
- Own and drive Customer Loyalty data, industry portals - to identify key opportunities for the business
- Be the expert on multiple methods of data analysis and digital data insights including experience of using online tools (Google Analytics, Sprinklr, etc)
- Consolidate regional consumption performance metrics (SHARE, HHP) and provide inputs to SMRD (global monthly report)
- Work with Global Analytics on forecast base assumptions (category and market growth)
- Be a highly competent user of SPARK (internal Coty Single Source of Knowledge) as an enabler for business decision making
Manage local vendor management relationship
- Management of POS vendors (Nielsen) across various gates and deliverables. Areas include but not restrictive to negotiation, deliverables management, data help, on site vendor team coordination and budget.
- Management of CRM vendors (Nielsen/Kantar) across various gates and deliverables. Areas include but not restrictive to negotiation, deliverables management, data help and budget.
- Management of Ad Hoc Management/ Local Vendors relevant to business needs (Euromonitor, Mintel, Ipsos) across various gates and deliverables. Areas include but not restrictive to negotiation, deliverables management, data help and budget.
Serve as Regional Analytics liaison for Global Analytics groups
- Provide NA Region perspective for both Global Analytics and EC/Board share
- Ensure close partnership with the Global Analytics Team
- Build a close working relationship with all Global departments (specifically marketing and sales) to ensure category/retailer insights are fed into joint business planning)
- Strong Data and Analytics background
- Solid professional expertise in business intelligence, data analytics and market insights.
- Strong project management/ability to multi-task
- Proven command of Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint (Advanced) and Word along with familiarity with Business Intelligence and Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire etc.
- Must be self-motivated, possess decision-making abilities, and be able to lead team
- Highly developed analytical experience including data science techniques, data reporting, and data visualization as well as forecasting and modelling.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills- must be able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, prioritizing appropriately and responding to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude
- Energetic and self-motivated - must be organized and detail oriented with an ability to make proactive recommendations
- Strong commercial sense to ensure actionability of all results.
- Knowledge and expertise in a range of Business Intelligence Projects including: Pricing (Conjoint), Panel Data, Elasticity and Syndicated research
- Leverage relevant analytical tools from various sources including NPD Decision Keys, Nielsen Answers, Euromonitor / Mintel / CRM etc.
- Must be self-motivated, possess decision-making abilities, and require little supervision
Back to top