Category Manager Analytics - Target
The primary responsibility of the Analytics Manager is to work in collaboration with Target and the Account Managers for the Coty portfolio of Brands, to analyze performance, identify opportunities, execute and optimize sales and share growth opportunities at the Wall.
- Provide fact-based support in the area of assortment optimization and planogram development, in concert with Coty Beauty standards across priority categories. Be actively involved in decisions related to planogram changes and planogram drawings.
- Support the National Account Team, Target, and corporate Wall Strategy through management of the planogram process, including;
- Assortment planning and wall mapping
- Planogram development (JDA) and implementation (CKS)
- In Store Marketing administration and implementation
- Fixture maintenance and development
- Managing deadlines to ensure all timing and action guidelines are met
- Effectively analyze and communicate chain's business to achieve and improve profit, volume, and share growth targets on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis, including;
- Target internal sales and inventory (Merch IQ)
- Syndicated sales resources (Nielsen & NPD)
- Marketing and promotional effectiveness (MarketTrack)
- Provide effective and actionable insights to Account Managers in order to identify consumer trends and opportunities, including;
- Cmpetitive analysis & market trends
- Primary research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Cnsumer panels & segmentation (Nielsen & Kantar)
- Maintain item and trait attributes for categories assigned.
- Assist in developing presentations that highlight category performance and identify key growth opportunities.
- Work closely with Account Managers to ensure analysis and communication is consistent with Coty Beauty priorities and preferred format.
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA a plus).
- 2-3 years (or MBA plus 1 year) of business experience in Sales, Category Management or Retail Management
Special skills required:
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Solid organizational, time management, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong sales/industry knowledge with emphasis on category and space management.
- Solid working knowledge of syndicated data (IRI and/or ACNielsen), Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Primary research techniques, account specific databases, and JDA Space Planning software. Target Beauty / Transcend planogram experience a plus.
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources, interpret data, and turn into actionable conclusions.
- This position works in a customer team office and required flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%)
CAREER DEVELOPMENT/ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Shopper Insights / Category Management
- Headquarters Insights & Category teams
- Trade Marketing Team
- Entry level sales position
Back to top