BRAND MANAGER: KYLIE COSMETICS & SKINCARE
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're #1 in the world for Fragrance and #3 in the world in Colour Cosmetics with a portfolio of brands that have been known and loved for generations.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. We have some of the most well-known brands in the categories of Fragrances, Colour Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care including Gucci, Chloé, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Sally Hansen, philosophy, Adidas, Rimmel, Max Factor, COVERGIRL and the list goes on and on!
Coty is committed to building a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences helps us build better products, better serve our users, and build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
THE BRAND & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Marketing Manager (Kylie & Kim), you will be leading a strategically important celebrity-led health & beauty brand. You will be the guardian for the brand, taking a high profile brand from infancy to category leadership.
Kylie is one of the world's biggest celebrities, with globally leading social media profiles. Loved in the UK for her lifestyle and fashion leadership, while the development of the Health & Beauty brand is still in it's infancy. But the ambitions and opportunities are significant. Your role will be to unrelentingly lead the development of the Kylie brand in the UK&I, launching and nurturing across multiple categories, showing exemplary brand and commercial leadership.
Working with a global brand marketing team and Kylie's management will require strong collaboration and co-ordination. It's a highly complex mission to delight all internal and external stakeholders, but strong initial success and an exceptional activation pipeline shows the category leading success you will achieve. UK&I is one of the lead markets for these brands globally, and therefore strong & inspiring communications and dynamic brand management skills are a must.
You will have full brand ownership to drive brand planning and the full marketing mix. Cascading effectively to the immediate brand marketing team and cross -functionally to deliver against agreed business objectives of sales, profit and market share. You will have management of a significant marketing budget.
You will be intellectually curious to understand the category and brand performance drivers through our many & varied data sources. You will understand data and analysis, converting analysis quickly into actions.
To be successful in this role, you will need strong passion and strength in consumer, customer and category understanding to develop creative and innovative solutions to win in the marketplace, managing by objectives to consistently deliver success.
You will need to work with and through others, winning the hearts & minds of the cross functional team to create winning strategies and executing every element on-time and in-full.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and deliver local initiative launch plans in collaboration with internal key stakeholders (e.g. sales team, trade marketing, brand finance) and external partners (e.g. media agency).
- Ownership of brand budget, ensuring effective and accurate budget management including administration of all invoices, monthly accruals and budget trackers
- Managing of all brand investment, including briefs, agency relationships, global and fashion house approvals and internal alignment, with support from the Marketing Manager.
- Local brand management including P&L steering to make sure all brand investments are delivering vs target KPIs and profitability targets.
- Working with the internal & international merchandising teams to manage the design and production of local POS elements, ensure they follow both Global guidelines and UK market requirements.
- Liaising with internal PR/ Influencer Marketing team to drive consumer engagement and off and online reach.
- Work with internal teams on forecasts of all new initiatives and correct phasing in line with our sell-out ambitions.
- Driving an online first mentality, finding disruptive ideas that connect with consumers and deliver strong ROI.
- Conducting pre and post analysis of launches and promotions - qualitative and quantitative.
- Brand analysis and share reporting on a monthly basis providing insights to relevant team members.
- Along with internal cross divisional teams, co-manage the S&OP process, driving insights and actions for the accurate forecast for new and ongoing stock forecasts.
- With the support of the Marketing Manager, create and implement the UK brand strategy which includes short-term intervention plans as well as longer term brand vision goals.
- Development and delivery of brand presentations to Internal and external stakeholders, including retailers, media owners and internal teams.
- Managing and organising potential experiential events for the brand from concept through to creation.
- Producing local brand bibles and ensuring all marketing elements are available from the International teams for TM, VM, sales.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with ad hoc requests as required.
- Work closely with the Trade Marketing team for value promotional opportunities, sets, bundles and commercial retailer opportunities in line with brand targets and P&Ls.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business related degree preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role ideal & an understanding/appreciation of the premium beauty (makeup&skincare) market and retail environment required.
- Startup and Entrepreneur mentality who embraces lack of process and sees opportunity to bring structure to mess.
- Past experience in budget management and a strong understanding of financials.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- A passion for the Luxury and Beauty industries.
- Analytical mindset; A doer who proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver.
- Organized in action; structured mind.
- Organizes own work and the work of others effectively.
- Self-Starter; Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement.
- Excellence in execution; takes responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster.
- Leader mentality, owns it, drives it. Sees opportunities to fix/ improve processes, and drives stakeholders to support deliver this change.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Constructive networker; collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles.
- Change champion; Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges.
- Ability to build meaningful relationships and work closely with internal and external stakeholders and wider member of the organization in order to achieve brand objectives.
WHAT WE BRING:
Marketing & Sales
We drive growth, brand equity and customer loyalty with innovative products, digital campaigns, events, partnerships and in-store executions. Our work includes both the physical and digital world across all categories. We aim to be gamechangers in the beauty industry, winning the hearts and minds of consumers around the world.