Assistant Brand Manager, Sally Hansen
- New York, NY
Assistant Marketing Brand Manager, Nail Color & Body, Sally Hansen US Consumer Beauty
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Sally Hansen is responsible for assisting the Manager of Sally Hansen Nail Color in the development and implementation of business and marketing strategies to drive profitable growth for Sally Hansen Nail Color & Body segments. He/she will be responsible in assisting with the effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization, as well as assisting the Marketing Manager on business analysis, planning and forecasting each segment of the business. He/she will contribute to the total effectiveness of the brand by offering business recommendations and creative ideas, communicating openly, and proactively solving problems.
In addition, the Assistant Marketing Manager, Sally Hansen will play a key role coordinating programs across the broader integrated marketing team - consisting of Local Brand Marketing, Local Influencer Marketing/PR, In-Store, E-Comm and external agency partners - to ensure seamless in-market execution & delivering upon maximum sell-out.
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Sally Hansen is versatile and knows his/her market, portfolio and consumers better than anyone else. He/she has strong analytical, leadership and communication skills and is highly attuned to the competitive environment and pop culture. He/she is detail oriented, has high quality standards and is capable of managing complexity across numerous stakeholders to deliver results on time with excellence.
- Ongoing analyses of brand and reporting for the brand.
- Analyze and derive insights from sales trends, competitive performance and industry trends to recommend strategic choices and actions to drive the business.
- Maintain regular tracking of business results & generate monthly report to be shared with Senior Leadership Team detailing brand performance.
- Assist Marketing Manager in forecasting monthly consumption based on sales trends & actuals.
- Assist Marketing Manager on budget management to reconcile all spend on a monthly basis.
- Monitor excess & obsolete inventory and provide strategic recommendations on how to reduce / manage.
LAUNCHING INNOVATION & SUPPORTING BASE BUSINESS
- Assist Manager on the planning and launch execution for Nail Color & Body, collaborating with brand marketing peers and cross-functional partners to deliver brand initiatives that win in the market.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing support initiatives to drive core base business products.
- Contribute to new initiative sizing for innovation P&L. Evaluate detailed sku-level performance biannually to recommend items for discontinuation.
MEDIA / ADVERTISING / PR
- Assist Manager in developing paid & earned media briefs.
- Share timelines with our Global partners & track availability to ensure assets are received ahead of key deadlines, collate & share with the media agency.
- Review & provide comprehensive feedback to manager on local media asset throughout process of media plan execution.
- Assist in preparation for all PR materials needed for PR events and product launches
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Manage, maintain & track all NPDR's, NARS & Oracle Codes for product and display.
- Create & present national display briefs, during weekly creative status'.
- Participate in development of packaging for US commercial activities i.e. duo packs, shrink sleeve, labels etc & create codes accordingly.
- Work closely with Local Brand Marketing colleagues, Local Trade Marketing and Sales to align timing and content of in-store activation, social media and .com programs.
PREPARATION OF SALES / RETAILER MATERIALS
- Assist in preparing for sales materials, including internal webinar presentations to Sales teams and retailer line reviews presentation materials.
- Act as key contract for the Sales Information Team to ensure commercial readiness milestones are completed on time.
WALL / PLANOGRAMS
- Assist manager in creation of corresponding launch season adds, deletes
- Collaborate with Wall Team to update Tray Line Ups & Wall Copy Sheet.
- Ensure samples are provided to sales admin / comp studio team on time to create product comps for line reviews / color matching shelf strips for bullnose artwork
- Review artwork mechanicals for approval.
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree
- 3-5 years of Marketing and/or Digital experience
- Beauty experience very strongly preferred
- Deep, unrelenting passion for Beauty
- Eye for detail in both qualitative and quantitative aspects
Special Skills Required:
Culturally Aware - Plugged into what's trending, new and next and able to connect that awareness with business and planning strategies
Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
Creativity and Innovation - Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
Leadership and Personal - Motivating others, development of employees, effective communication, relationship-building, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
Passion for Brands/Beauty - in-tune with the marketplace, seeks out new idea
Back to top