Assistant Brand Manager, Sally Hansen
- New York, NY
Assistant Marketing / Brand Manager, Nail Color & Treatment, Sally Hansen US Consumer Beauty
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Sally Hansen is responsible for assisting the Manager of Sally Hansen Nail Color in the development and execution of the local media strategy for the US market. He/she will assist in setting vision and objectives for the media plan, helping to lead a cross-functional team of Local Brand Marketing, Global Marketing, Media and external agency partners to animate the brand in media. In this role, he/she will partner with Global Marketing and the Social & Digital Media Manager to adapt globally developed creative and influence future Global creative development to optimally deliver on US media needs.
In addition, the Assistant Marketing Manager, Sally Hansen will play a key role in assisting the Manager to lead an integrated marketing team consisting of Local Brand Marketing, Local Influencer Marketing/PR, In-Store, E-Comm and external agency partners to coordinate organic and paid programs and maximize the consumer impact of all local brand communications. He/she is versatile and knows his/her market, portfolio and consumers better than anyone else. Highly attuned to the competitive media environment, pop culture and brand priorities, capable of leveraging that knowledge to recommend media programs that will build brand equity, relevance and sales.
The Assistant Manager, has a sharp eye for marketing creative and communication effectiveness, quality and consistency. He/she is detail orientated, has high standards and will contribute to the total effectiveness of the brand by offering business recommendations and creative ideas, communicating openly, and proactively solving problems, while working as a positive & engaged team member.
MEDIA PLAN DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION
- Assist Manager in development of US media plan for brand, including developing media brief, briefing external agency and working with them on the different stages of media plan development. Align business & marketing objectives, product priorities and key communication priorities with Local Brand Marketing team.
- Assist in execution of the local media plan, including setting campaign objectives, tactics and measurement. Develop all necessary creative versions for media campaigns.
- Manage search, working with external agency, internal brand team and search partners to align and maintain as current search objectives, strategies, priorities and terms.
- Share timelines with Global Marketing, track availability of assets, ensuring they're received on time, collate & share with the media agency.
- Provide actionable recommendations to Global Marketing to influence development of media creative that is optimized for the latest platform capabilities and consumer interaction.
- Assist in leading the future of brand media communications by identifying key opportunities and challenging/building internal capabilities to come to market in new ways.
- Ensure all local media creative upholds equity guidelines while delivering on in-market needs
- Partner with local Influencer Marketing/PR on integrating organic communications activity with paid media as appropriate.
- Work closely with Local Brand Marketing colleagues, Local Trade Marketing and Sales to align local activation & support calendar, with focus on synchronizing media launch timings with other in-market programs
LOCAL CREATIVE EXECUTIONS
- Assist in local adaptation of global creative for all marketing programs (excluding Wall, E-Commerce and Display), ensuring adaptations uphold equity guidelines while delivering on in-market needs.
- Partner with Local POS Design counterpart to ensure consistency of all local creative executions across in-store and media.
LAUNCHING INNOVATION & SUPPORTING BASE BUSINESS
- Assist Manager on the planning and launch execution for Nail Color & Treatment, collaborating with brand marketing peers and cross-functional partners to deliver brand initiatives that win in the market.
- Contribute to new initiative sizing for innovation P&L. Evaluate detailed sku-level performance biannually to recommend items for discontinuation.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Manage, maintain & track all NPDR's, NARS & Oracle Codes for product and display.
- Create & present national display briefs, during weekly creative status'.
- Participate in development of packaging for US commercial activities i.e. duo packs, shrink sleeve, labels etc & create codes accordingly.
PREPARATION OF SALES / RETAILER MATERIALS
- Assist in preparing for sales materials, including internal webinar presentations to Sales teams and retailer line reviews presentation materials.
- Act as key contract for the Sales Information Team to ensure commercial readiness milestones are completed on time.
WALL / PLANOGRAMS
- Assist manager in creation of corresponding launch season adds, deletes
- Collaborate with Wall Team to update Tray Line Ups & Wall Copy Sheet.
- Ensure samples are provided to sales admin / comp studio team on time to create product comps for line reviews / color matching shelf strips for bullnose artwork
- Review artwork mechanicals for approval.
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree
- 3-5 years of Marketing and/or Digital experience
- Beauty experience very strongly preferred
- Deep, unrelenting passion for Beauty
- Eye for detail in both qualitative and quantitative aspects
Special Skills Required:
Culturally Aware - Plugged into what's trending, new and next and able to connect that awareness with business and planning strategies
Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, effective communication, relationship-building, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
Passion for Brands/Beauty - in-tune with the marketplace, seeks out new ideas and inspiration
Back to top