Account Manager, DSO - Detroit
- Chicago, IL
Position Title: Account Manager DSO, Metro-Detroit
Location: Field - Detroit, Michigan
Direct Reports: NA
ABOUT THE WELLA COMPANY
Together, WE enable individuals to look, feel, and be their true selves.
Wella Company is one of the world's leading beauty companies, comprised of a family of iconic brands such as Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, Nioxin and ghd. With 6,000 employees globally, presence in over 100 countries, Wella Company and its brands enable consumers to look, feel, and be their true selves. As innovators in the hair and nail industry, Wella Company empowers its people to delight consumers, inspire beauty professionals, engage communities, and deliver sustainable growth to its stakeholders.
For additional information about the Wella Company please visit www.wellacompany.com .
We are looking for a Salon Account Manager to work closely with assigned Professional Beauty Accounts to ensure growth of the full portfolio of Wella brands including Wella, Sebastian, Nioxin, OPI and ghd. Ensure all elements of Joint Business Plans are properly implemented and executed with the salons in your assigned customer region. Develop and execute successful long term business building strategies, drive industry trends and meet or exceed assigned quotas/budgets. Analyze business trends and customer competitive activity to optimize Wella's offerings and Brand Equity.
- Strategically and tactically manage key joint business planning priorities and develop a positive business relationship with the distributor sales consultants, education personnel, and salons
- Coordinate sell-through plans
- Deliver new initiatives and promotions to maximize street sales, focused on maximized sell in and sell through
- Accurately report and forecast the business which would include monthly sales, promotions, and initiatives.
- Effectively work with direct manager & cross-functional internal resources to plan and execute strategic plans with excellence
- Target, profile, and work to convert key prospective salons and spas into customers
- Develop the sales & product knowledge capability of the distributor sales consultants
- Develop and own customer relationships and the joint business planning process
- Partner with Education and the customers on annual/quarterly education and meeting plans
- Maintain and effectively use all budgets
- Review monthly sales and inventory data, seeking out opportunities to create sell through specific programs
- Additional tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years (or MBA plus 1 year) of business experience in Sales, Category Management or Retail Management
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail, and organizational/time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the following systems: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Professional Beauty Experience
- Licensed Cosmetologist
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Wella Company with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at: https://www.wellacompany.com/consumer-affairs
We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empleo
Back to top