Senior Software Developer
Cortina Productions designs and produces award-winning interactive applications and films for museums. Our interactive experiences allow deeper exploration of exhibition content in new and exciting ways. Our signature films touch visitors on an emotional level, opening their hearts and minds to new ways of considering exhibition content. From multi-user interactive installations to 4D theaters, we stay on the forefront of technology to develop innovative avenues for expression. Our workplace in McLean, Virginia is located steps away from the McLean Silver Line metro station and is a modern work environment designed to maximize creativity and team collaboration. We are fortunate to work on some of the best projects in the world from the National Civil Rights Museum and seven different Presidential Libraries, to the San Francisco 49ers museum and the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Create and maintain interactive exhibits and software for museums and related media while leading a small team of developers.
- Develop new software as well as learn and maintain existing products.
- Accomplish project requirements by leading a team of developers and working with them to develop interactive software.
- Creates and executes development plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure quality of software developed meets or exceeds expectations.
- Work closely with designers and production staff to help define software and hardware requirements.
- Oversee product from start to completion during entire software lifecycle.
- Present ideas and research new technology for future projects and assignments.
- Maintain proficiency with multiple programming frameworks and languages.
- Keep up with ever changing software tools and techniques.
- Troubleshoot software related problems and failures.
- Oversee the installation of software at client locations.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and four (4) years of significant software experience.
- Ability to match complex interface designs and ensure development team is following design guidelines. Previous design experience is preferred.
- Experience leading a team of developers through entire development lifecycle.
- History of programming user interfaces with 2D and/or 3D graphics
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of different degrees of technical ability.
- Demonstrated capacity for self learning.
- Demonstrated logical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excels in a team environment as well as independently when required.
Back to top