UI & UX Designer (Auckland, NZ)
We’re looking for aUI & UX Designer (Auckland, NZ)
Cornerstone is looking for a Designer for the Growth Edition product. Growth Edition is a self-configurable, mobile-optimized, world-class talent management solution to help growth companies realize the potential of their employees and their businesses.
The role will lead the way in understanding complex user needs and tasks and transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs. You will help guide the vision and creation of experiences for our product across devices of every type, and across platforms. You will collaborate with teams of Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating wireframes to designing user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and is delightful.
You will be a member of an energetic, work-hard-but-play-hard team with the opportunity to have a large impact. We operate like a startup, and work in an agile/kanban environment. You will be deeply involved in the process, and will be working closely with our development squads.
A successful candidate will have demonstrable sense of taking ownership and being accountable, ability to turn ambiguity into clarity, expressive personality, attention to detail, customer focus, focus on beauty and simplicity, time management skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, and ability to communicate with customers, sales and development/QA teams. This role reports to the Head of Product for Cornerstone Growth Edition.
In this role you will…
- Design simple, beautiful and elegant solutions for a range of customer needs and problems
- Guide the design efforts to ensure consistency and excellence in visual design and user experience, maintain design and style guides
- Passionately advocate for the user by influencing decisions to ensure that product design is aligned to user needs and expectations
- Translate product strategy, customer insight, analytics and executive direction into successful design direction, frameworks, prototypes and released product
- Focus on design strategy (the “should we” and “why”) as well as the tactics (the “how” and the “look”)
- Effectively describe design solutions with excellent written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Strong user experience, visual design and interaction design skills
- Good design portfolio (with examples of work on web, mobile, and desktop apps)
- Experience with tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq etc.
- Experience with Agile/Kanban software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Design, Engineering or related field
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Experience with usability testing and user interviews
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with analytical software tools, such as Google Analytics
- A master’s degree
Fresh fruit, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, 4 weeks vacation, Annual Performance Review, subsidized chair massages, fully stocked breakfast food, drinks, Fresh coffee, birthday off, all in an open plan naturally lit office in Auckland, New Zealand.
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leading global provider of a comprehensive learning and talent management solution delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). The company enables organizations to meet the challenges they face in empowering their people and maximizing the productivity of their human capital.
The company’s integrated software offering consists of four cloud solutions, including the Cornerstone Recruiting Cloud, the Cornerstone Performance Cloud, the Cornerstone Learning Cloud and the Cornerstone Extended Enterprise Cloud. Our clients use our solution to develop employees throughout their careers, engage all employees effectively, improve business execution, cultivate future leaders and integrate with their external networks of customers, vendors and distributors.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages. Our clients include multi-national corporations, large domestic enterprises, mid-market companies, state and local public sector organizations, higher education institutions and non-profit entities, such as BJC HealthCare, Flextronics, Kelly Services, Pearson, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Teach for America and Virgin Media Limited.
Cornerstone OnDemand is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Tel Aviv and Mumbai.
Back to top