Technical Support Specialist (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aTechnical Support Specialist (Santa Monica, CA)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in an internet software company with a smart workforce. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing technical software support to Cornerstone's customers via telephone and electronic communication. You will acknowledge, analyze, and resolve complex software questions and technical issues encountered in Cornerstone's applications as well as 3rd party integrations. This position requires a talented individual that excels in comprehensive problem analysis, software support and customer service.
To be a good fit for this position you will have at least 3 years of customer-facing, system integration and technology experience.
- Provide day to day technical software application support to our clients
- Provide first and second level troubleshooting on highly technical software application and integration issues
- Log client reported defects in our case tracking system
- Provide constant and ongoing communication with clients regarding support incidents
- Create accurate, reliable, and complete case activity updates suitable for maintaining an accurate knowledgebase
- Assist in training employees on the basics of technology integration and solution designs
- Work closely with off-shore engineering teams to resolve technical client issues
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience and/or training
- 3-5 years experience with technical support or software application support
- Experience with data feeds (IDF/ODF)
- Experience with one or more of the following recommended but not required: programming languages, relational databases, HTML/content development
- Experience with Webservices, APIs, REST and SOAP
- Reviewing network trace logs (Fiddler)
- Skilled in JIRA
- Analytical – must possess the ability to understand clients' business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help clients meet their needs with existing system features
- Ability to grasp complex, technical system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skill is critical to troubleshooting issues to distinguish between user error and actual system defects
- Excellent verbal (telephone) and written communication skills and professional etiquette
- ... and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Extra dose of awesome if you have:
- Fluency in Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, French or other language a huge plus!
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Learning Media Designer
As an e-learning designer, Emily’s goal is to instruct potential and existing clients on Cornerstone’s different products, communicating their value to the clients’ businesses.
Back to top