Technical Content Developer (Santa Monica,CA)
We're looking for aTechnical Content Developer (Santa Monica,CA)
This position offers an exciting opportunity in an internet software company with a smart workforce. The Technical Content Developer will be responsible for working with our Global Product Support teams to create content for the knowledge base around our product's functionalities. You will identify technical knowledge being created within the company that would benefit Cornerstars, clients and/or partners and then edit and expose the information in the appropriate support channels. You must be a self-starter, who can take direction as well as provide direction when needed. Additionally, you must be able to learn quickly, take on new challenges, and juggle multiple projects with varying client needs and backgrounds.
This position requires a talented individual that excels in comprehensive problem analysis, software support and customer service.
- Synthesize technical information found in cases, client community postings, internal wikis and other knowledge locations, and turn it into relevant product help
- Track trending cases and provide proactive support documentation to internal and partner teams
- Review client case flows and improve the predictive content provided throughout the workflow to increase case deflection rates
- Create clear, concise, readable documentation for client system administrators, end users, internal users and partners
- Develop expert product knowledge through training, hands-on experience, and testing
- Generate and implement ideas for process & content delivery innovation
- Gather user feedback and incorporate comments into the overall development process
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Manage user questions in the client community and internal portals and translate responses into viable help content enhancements
- Regularly contribute innovation ideas and lead projects for implementing those ideas
- Required to pass all written internal Cornerstone OnDemand product certification exams
- ...and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Communications, or equivalent major, experience and/or training
- Have strong self-initiative and flexibility are a must
- Able to grasp complex system workflows and understand cause/effect for actions taken in such systems
- Able to thoroughly document and articulate system behaviors, issues, workflows and/or functionality in such a way that basic users can easily understand
- Able to edit technical communications to ensure content excellence
- Have outstanding written/oral communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Have solid knowledge of Word and Excel
- Have Agile methodology experience
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Experience in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of MadCap Flare
- Experience working with Salesforce Communities and Knowledge
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top