Technical Accounting Manager (Sandy, UT)
We're looking for a
Technical Accounting Manager (Sandy, UT)
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is at a critically important juncture in the company's lifecycle. CSOD is the world's largest and most successful stand-alone unified Talent Management company and one of the world's largest SaaS companies. After 22 quarters as a public entity, delivering stellar results as a high growth SaaS company, CSOD has gone from a startup to a publicly traded company valued at approximately $3.0B. The company is entering a phase of achieving scale and global expansion through continued relentless execution.
Cornerstone OnDemand is seeking a Manager, SEC Reporting to lead our SEC Financial Reporting team. This team leads the preparation of CSOD's quarterly and annual SEC reporting filings. A successful candidate is a leader, strong communicator, hardworking and able to interact with management and various teams on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, and dependable. The ideal candidate will be located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes, the Cornerstone office in Sandy, Utah, is the company's second U.S. hub and is the newest addition to our expanding list of offices around the world. The 27,000-sq.-ft. office features contemporary and highly collaborative workspace with expansive views overlooking the Salt Lake Valley and the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch Front. The office is currently home to 100+ Cornerstone employees primarily on our Finance, Engineering and Client Success teams and have plans to triple in size over the next few years. The office is led by industry veteran Trish Coughlin, Chief Accounting Officer, who has 25+ years leading world-class Finance teams.
In this role you will....
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis for new accounting guidance and new or existing business transactions and processes. Document, implement, and communicate conclusions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with our internal and external auditors regarding complex accounting areas.
- Oversee statutory, tax and regulatory filing requirements for various international subsidiaries across the world.
- Work with various departments such as sales, legal, and finance to support international operations.
- Assist in the SEC reporting process by drafting and reviewing SEC filings including Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Initiate, improve, and create efficiencies in systems and procedures.
- Maintain systems and procedures to comply with SOX requirements; Initiate corrective actions as necessary.
- Foster an environment of high-quality work, team collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Other special projects and accounting-related duties, as assigned.
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of accounting experience, including related experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills combined with sound business judgment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical accounting and research skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required to interact upward with the executive team and cross functionally
- Ability to coach and develop staff
Extra Dose of Awesome if you have...
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Workiva is a plus.
- Experience in a SaaS company or software industry
- Change management experience
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed
- Experience at a matrixed organization with $500 Million + in revenue
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 40 million people in 187 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top