Sr. Manager, Software Test Engineering (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSr. Manager, Software Test Engineering (Santa Monica, CA)
We were cloud before cloud was cool! Now we are working on tomorrow’s problems.
What sets us apart?
- We have been working in Cloud computing for 15+ years and now working on exciting projects in PaaS, Big Data and Predictive Analytics.
- We are a technology company that understands the importance of staying up-to-date and at the forefront of new and innovative technologies.
- We make software that empowers people, and we think that is pretty cool! So much so, that we live it every day. Cornerstone offers monthly development days, along with countless training opportunities. Top it off with real career growth possibilities, and you have yourself a company for the long term!
- Check out our office. Need a break? Go play in our arcade, watch a movie in our theater, or even get a free massage in our dedicated massage room! Or, grab some free food and rest on our outdoor patio (Ocean view of course ☺)
- We also offer top of the line benefits! How does Company stock, unlimited vacation, a 401k match and top of the line healthcare sound?
Intrigued? Please read on…
As a key member of the Technology leadership team, this individual will be responsible for providing direction for and leading the day-to-day operations of a global test engineering team that ensures key core components of CSOD’s systems are delivered with great quality. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, achievement focused, meticulous in detail, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied testing challenges, and will always strive to improve the quality of their work. This individual will view himself/herself as a true technology professional.
In this role you will…
- Provide oversight of multiple test engineering teams through the effective management of staffing needs, hiring, training, team building, career development, performance evaluation, establishment and management of individual goals and objectives, and effective communication and collaboration with other teams, departments, and stakeholders.
- Own, support, and significantly improve test tools and automation frameworks employed by CSOD testing teams.
- Effectively utilize automated testing to accomplish target test coverage.
- Provide strategic direction for all test automation efforts.
- Oversee performance testing for CSOD applications
- Lead the test engineering team for CSOD’s Platform as a Service initiative.
- Coordinate large-scale testing efforts across diverse teams.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on current technologies, tools and software test methodologies.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of CSOD’s software products, both from a business perspective as well as a technical perspective.
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- 5+ years experience leading a highly technical test engineering team (SDETs)
- 10+ years in a technology environment
- Previous hands-on experience with test automation tools. (Selenium/UFT)
- Proven experience working with remote teams and multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead teams of test engineers
- Experience architecting testing processes and automation frameworks
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in C# or another programming language is a plus
- Experience in Platform/SDET
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top