Software Engineer - .Net (Bangalore, India)
- Bangalore, India
We're looking for a
Software Engineer - .Net (Bangalore, India)
We were cloud before cloud was cool! Now we are working on tomorrow's problems.
What sets us apart?
We have been working in Cloud computing for 15+ years and now working on exciting projects in PaaS, Big Data and Predictive Analytics.
We are a technology company that understands the importance of staying up-to-date and at the forefront of new and innovative technologies. Global Scale?! We have over 38 million users in 192 different countries! Who even knew there were 192 different countries?
We make software that empowers people, and we think that is pretty cool! So much so, that we live it every day. Cornerstone offers monthly development days, along with countless training opportunities. Top it off with real career growth possibilities, and you have yourself a company for the long term!
Check out our office. Need a code break? Go play TT, Carrom, Chess, etc. or even get a free massage every quarter! Or, grab some free food at our in-house pantry.
We also offer top of the line benefits! How does Company stock, PTO, a PF match, Free Friday lunch/dinner and top of the line healthcare insurance sound?
Intrigued? Please read on...
In this role, you will...
- Develop, maintain and enhance .NET applications and services to contribute to our legacy and cloud platform.
- Analyze product and technical user stories and convey technical specifications in a concise and effective manner
- Code & deliver a working product, with a 'first time right' approach.
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and technical design reviews; provide input as appropriate
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and other team members as appropriate
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products
- Actively mentor individuals and promote best Development practices
- Leading projects as necessary, increasing team productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Participate in key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Troubleshoot complex production issues and provide detailed RCA.
- Interact with US based Engineering, Product and Release teams as necessary.
You've Got What It Takes If You Have...
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience with active hands-on development experience in object-oriented languages like, C#, Java or others.
- Experience developing Microservices, RESTful services, or other SOA development experience (preferably AWS)
- Exposure to ORM's like Entity Framework, Nhibernate or similar.
- Strong TDD approach and hands on experience on tools like Nunit, xUnit or any other testing tools.
- Strong in OOP and SOLID design principles.
- Understand basic AWS core services and basic architecture best practices.
- Experience in working on projects with public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Exposure to modern java script frameworks.
- Highly efficient data persistent design techniques. Strong understanding of data retrieval performance (queries, caching). Able to optimize designs/queries for scale.
- Proficient experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server/Postgres. Exposureto other non-relational DBs like DynamoDB is a plus!
- Good understanding on how to deal with concurrency and parallel work streams.
- Should have work experience in Agile SCRUM.
- Should be very good at analyzing and Debugging/Troubleshooting functional and technical issues.
- Should have good insight on Performance/Optimization techniques.
- Good understanding on secure development practices and proactively codes to avoid security issues. Able to resolve all findings.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Conversant in algorithms, software design patterns, and their best usage.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal oversight.
- Good team player with the ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Passion for continuous process and technology improvement
Extra dose of awesomeness if you have...
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in frontend technologies like Angular or React.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies-from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox-and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better - which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top