Software Development Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSoftware Development Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
As a key member of the Application Development team, this individual will be responsible for the execution and delivery of high quality, modern software within an agile environment. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, a team player, achievement focused, meticulous in detail, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied testing challenges, and will always strive to improve the quality of their team. This individual will view himself/herself as a true professional in the software field.
Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for technical and professional growth. Experience in a startup environment or on global software team is preferred.
In this role you will…
- Lead several teams of software engineers in the Application Development group
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Collaborate with QA and Product teams to release software in a timely fashion
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
- Design and develop enterprise level multi-tiered software using Microsoft technologies
- Provide production support and troubleshooting
- Setup goals, review progress and discuss career advancement with team members
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Perform other software development and management-related duties
- … and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field
- Extensive application development experience, preferably in a SaaS environment using Microsoft technologies
- 5+ years of web-based application experience
- Strong experience managing teams of developers
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of agile SDLC
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top