Software Architect (Santa Monica,CA)
We're looking for aSoftware Architect (Santa Monica,CA)
We are looking for the best of the best engineer that has a true passion for building highly performing, scalable distributed systems. You will be primary contributor to the implementation and leading of the architecture and design to migrate the existing platform into a distributed platform capable of taking advantage of cloud computing and servicing the exponential scale. You will be critical to driving the platform transformation and writing enterprise level code while helping lead the team's design patterns and practices.
In this role you will...
- High-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Plan, manage, and provide detail architectural design to cross functional engineering teams
- Lead implementation of transformation of existing platform to a microservices distributed framework
- Lead/review design requirements to ensure services exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Analyze and define services and interfaces
- Define microservice governance and design principles and best practices that will be put into execution across teams
- Assist with our transition to AWS
- Be a superstar and write awesome code
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Expert-level experience with microservice architectures
- Expert-level experience developing high traffic web services in a microservice environment
- Experienced with C# .NET preferred but open to backgrounds with different backend tech, as logn as your open to working in a .NET environment
- Proven track record of designing, building and deploying microservice-based applications and platforms
- Experience with cloud-computing platform, preferably AWS
- Experience in large-scale distributed computing in addition to highly scaling distributed design
- Strong and proven object oriented development skills
- Must be a responsive, flexible team player that is entrepreneurial and self starting
- Experience with open-source tech such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and RabbitMQ
- BA/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top