Software Architect (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aSoftware Architect (Santa Monica, CA)
We are looking for the best of the best engineer that has a true passion for building highly performing, scalable distributed systems. You will be primary contributor to the implementation and leading of the architecture and design to migrate the existing platform into a distributed platform capable of taking advantage of cloud computing and servicing the exponential scale. You will be critical to driving the platform transformation and writing enterprise level code while helping lead the team's design patterns and practices.
- High-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Plan, manage, and provide detail architectural design to cross functional engineering teams
- Lead implementation of transformation of existing platform to a SOA distributed framework
- Lead/review design requirements to ensure services exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Analyze and define services and interfaces
- Define SOA governance and design principles and best practices that will be put into execution across teams
- Be a superstar and write awesome code
- Well-versed in various SOA Design Patterns
- Strong experience developing high traffic web services in SOA environment
- 7+ years of development experience
- Experienced with C# .NET or other Object-Oriented languages
- Proven track record of designing, building and deploying SOA based applications and platforms
- Experience in large-scale distributed computing in addition to highly scaling distributed design
- Strong and proven object oriented development skills
- Must be a responsive, flexible team player that is entrepreneurial and self starting.
- BA/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate
- Proven ability to work within agile process
- Proven ability to do design and develop in a SOA environment
- Proven ability to create design diagrams
- Proven ability to communicate and listen, both verbally and in writing, to present ideas clearly
- Experience with redesigning and re-architecting complex and heavily used legacy enterprise software systems
- Experience with transitioning an in production high traffic web application/platform to a SOA environment without end user impact
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Expertise with .NET and related Microsoft frameworks
- Experience with mongoDB / SQL / Redis
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Learning Media Designer
As an e-learning designer, Emily’s goal is to instruct potential and existing clients on Cornerstone’s different products, communicating their value to the clients’ businesses.
Back to top