Service Desk Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aService Desk Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
The Service Desk Manager requires technical expertise and seasoned managerial experience to lead a group of knowledgable engineers that support a large, in-office userbase at corporate headquarters plus many US-based remote users. The Santa Monica based Service Desk also forms part of a global Service Desk team that provides 24x7 support to the whole of Cornerstone.
- Direct, manage and develop a local, diverse, technical staff to ensure seamless operations and whiteglove support to all users.
- Work closely with each Service Desk engineer to provide guidance and advance technical and professional growth, utilizing key pieces of the ITIL foundation framework.
- Have technical expertise in the toolsets listed below. This is both a technical and managerial position that requires a combination of seasoned leadership with the necessary technical chops to jump into the ticket queue.
- Manage the Incident and Service Request queues to maintain SLAs on a consistent basis.
- Proactively measures and reports on industry best of breed metrics to ensure full transparency into the teams performance versus demand
- Solve support-related issues as they arise and communicate short term goals and prospective risks to management on a regular basis.
- ITIL process champion, must leverage industry expertise and past experience instituting ITIL frameworks as they relate to service management and delivery.
- Ensure plans, priorities, schedules, and resource allocations are maintained in alignment with corporate initiatives for all active projects assigned to staff members.
- Exceptional customer service to all end users and team members through consistently meeting and exceeding department service level agreements / objectives.
- When required, work extended hours including holidays and weekends if necessary to ensure operational compliance with Cornerstone service-level agreements. Provide 24/7/365 support for all corporate technology services.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science or information systems).
- Multiple years in the Information Technology field with demonstrated management skills.
- Demonstrated proactive customer-focused leadership skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to readily understand business needs and requirements and to translate them into high-level technical concepts and solutions.
- Solid understanding of information technology best practices, methodologies, tools, etc.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to synthesize technical data for non-technical audiences.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to recruit and mentor staff.
- In depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- An unwavering passion for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- Experience with security regulations (SOX, ISO 27001, SSAE16, FedRAMP, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as needed.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top