Service Delivery Director (Tokyo, Japan)
We're looking for aService Delivery Director (Tokyo, Japan)
The Service Delivery Director is the regional leader of the service delivery capability for Cornerstone OnDemand and a member of the greater Asia-Pacific Service Delivery Leadership Team.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join the leading integrated talent management solution provider in the global marketplace and one of the fastest growing publically traded software companies in the world. The Asia-Pacific region is one of Cornerstone's core areas of expansion and will prove to be an exciting, high-energy and high-performing part of the company. Join our growing team of "CornerStars!"
- Build and manage a world-class service delivery team in your designated region including, but not limited to, Business Consulting, Implementation Consulting and Integration Consulting
- Develop skills and competencies of team to ensure that the team is high performing, engaged and successful
- Collaborate with other global leaders to both contribute to and leverage standards, methodologies and resources to ensure consistent delivery of world-class service globally
- Manage client escalations within your regional portfolio of clients and serve as a senior point of contact for clients with critical escalations
- Manage project staffing and resource utilization including tracking and reporting of forecasts and actuals
- Track and report key metrics (including project status, project pipeline, utilization, revenue, client satisfaction, etc.) to management as required
- Develop, document and implement operational processes associated with service delivery
- Serve as the Engagement/Program Manager for key clients as necessary
- Manage relationships and results for regional delivery partners
- Own the overall implementation phase of the Client Lifecycle for clients implementing Cornerstone solutions and serve as the project/program manager during this process
- Serve as a trusted advisor for your clients during and following the implementation phase
- Serve as the business expert and provide consultation and best practice guidance to clients during the implementation process to ensure that the solution meets the client's business requirements
- Collect and/or validate client business, functional and technical requirements, conduct a robust gap analysis, design the solution to meet the agreed upon requirements and configure the solution accordingly
- Own and manage all project deliverables outlined in the Statement of work and all project management activities including work plan, issue logs, budget, resources, risk mitigation plan, etc. in order to deliver a successful outcome
- Lead delivery of multiple client implementations concurrently
- Manage all resources across project work streams (i.e., business, functional, technical, etc.) during the life of the project in order to successfully deliver the solution and meet all stated project objectives
- Ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction and the best client experience possible in accordance with Cornerstone's stated objective of delivering world-class, differentiating support and service to its clients and to having the most "successful" clients in the world
- Collaborate with direct sales team members to create and execute sales strategies to win new business in a highly competitive environment
- Establish credibility and build trust during the sales process while demonstrating the Cornerstone solution against the client's stated requirements, within the context of the client's business and using the client's language
- Articulate Cornerstone's service value proposition and partnership model during the sales process to various technical and non-technical audiences at all levels from end-users to executive management
- Collect, document and assess business, functional and technical requirements during the sales process and design/propose the appropriate Cornerstone solution to meet those requirements and achieve the stated business objectives; Ensure that all documentation is complete and appropriately transitioned to subsequent phases of the client lifecycle (e.g., from sales to implementation or product development)
- Maintain extensive and specialized knowledge of Cornerstone solutions, technologies, services and clients in order to position Cornerstone as the partner of choice over the competition
- Maintain open communication with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Consulting Services and other teams to continually inform them about evolving client preferences, complaints/gaps, needs and competitive intelligence
- Revenue Recognition
- Client Retention
- Client Satisfaction
- Resource Utilization
- Operational Excellence
Required Skills and Experience
- A/B.S degree
- Minimum of ten years of business process or professional services consulting and project/program management experience; experience in talent processes preferred
- Proven results in a consulting environment as a project/program lead
- Proven success in building, managing and developing high-performing teams
- Experience in business transformation and change management initiatives a strong plus
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex issues and work across teams and regions in order to solve such issues
- Minimum of five years of experience successfully selling and/or demonstrating software solutions including to the executive level
- Proven track record of exceeding individual and team sales quotas
- Field sales experience (pre-sales, sales engineering or direct sales) required; Experience selling HR-related software or services highly valued
- Advanced communication and presentation skills and excellent command of English language; Japanese is a must have; other Asian language skills strongly valued
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and virtual meeting technologies such as Cisco WebEx
- Ability to travel within Japan, and occasionally to other regions
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: smart, cool, dependable, and visionary. We are not a typical tech company (paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organisations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company's solutions are used by more than 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top