Senior Systems Engineer (UK)
We're looking for aSenior Systems Engineer (UK)
Cornerstone is a global SaaS provider that services thousands of enterprise customers around the world supporting a 20 million+ user base and growing. We are looking for the "best of the best" in the systems engineering industry to support our ever expanding infrastructure base across multiple geographically distributed datacenters around the world. Sound exciting? In this role you will act as the highest level of infrastructure support for all of Cornerstone's production systems and services achieving levels of efficiency and productivity heads above the rest through the use of various tools, processes, and frameworks collaborating with some of the best technical minds in the industry, and contributing to a culture that is unparalleled in the industry. Think it is too good to be true? Trust us, it's true.
This is as an exciting opportunity to join our Technology Operations team as a Senior Systems Engineer. As the Senior Systems Engineer you will support the systems and applications powering Cornerstone's world-class web based SaaS applications in our highly available global data centres. We are one of the largest SaaS companies on the planet with more than 30 Million business users on our platform.
You will work with the latest Microsoft technologies (we are a MS Gold Partner) in a fast-paced, interactive environment. You will be working with load balanced web farms, SQL clusters, SAN storage, VMware, public cloud and other technologies supporting the Cornerstone SaaS application. This position includes responsibility for system backups, disaster recovery planning and server security practices.
You are expected to have expert level systems administration skills supporting Windows/Linux environments across multiple data centers. You will research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of Cornerstone's web application software.
We are looking for candidates with extensive experience in a complex globalized and localized software environment, advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis skills, excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills. Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for professional growth.
Primary Accountability and Responsibilities
- Responsible for data centre operations and support to maintain uninterrupted production systems
- Specific operations responsibilities include configuration, administration, upgrade, security remediation and overall maintenance of server, storage, and DB resources
- Research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of our software applications to ensure negligible impact on both client and internal operations
- Interact with our clients on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations
- Provide operations leadership in establishing overall architecture and technical expertise to support business growth, security, capacity planning and business recovery plans
- Participate in meetings and provides technical assistance and interpretation to executive staff on issues affecting company-wide computer hardware, software, and communications needs.
- Requires continual emergency on-call status involving information systems and data communications systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related experience
- 10 years of data centre and enterprise application support experience, specifically for a large technology or internet company
- Compute-- Cisco UCS blades and rackmount servers Virtualization– VMware 6.5, vSAN, VDI
- SAN storage – Fibre channel switches, Pure Storage, NetApp Automation/Scripting experience – Powershell, BASH, python
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining production system infrastructure, involving large amounts of data that needs to be secured, replicated, archived and delivered to end users with high reliability
- Experience with operations tools like LogicMonitor, Splunk
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels; Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top