Senior Systems Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Systems Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone is a global SaaS provider that services thousands of enterprise customers around the world supporting a 20 million+ user base and growing. We are looking for the “best of the best” in the systems engineering industry to support our ever expanding infrastructure base across multiple geographically distributed datacenters around the world. Sound exciting? In this role you will act as the highest level of infrastructure support for all of Cornerstone’s production systems and services achieving levels of efficiency and productivity heads above the rest through the use of various tools, processes, and frameworks collaborating with some of the best technical minds in the industry, and contributing to a culture that is unparalleled in the industry. Think it is too good to be true? Trust us, it’s true.
We see this as an exciting opportunity for someone who is an expert at managing end-to-end technology functions including servers, networks, applications and databases. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Systems Engineering, this position will work closely with the Network Operations and Software Development organizations in support of our state-of-the-art 24/7/365 production SaaS service offering. This critical position provides great visibility and individual growth potential for an ambitious IT professional, but also requires proven experience with exponential growth on a global scale.
In this role you will…
- Plan, install, and maintain infrastructure components across multiple technologies (server hardware, storage, networking)
- Work with your team members and peer groups to ensure the security, availability, resiliency, and compliance with industry and regulatory requirements (ISO, SSAE16, FedRamp etc.) in a fast paced SaaS environment, guaranteeing uptime levels that exceed 99.9%+
- Research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of our software applications to ensure negligible impact on both client and internal operations
- Maintain Cornerstone’s global SaaS service ensuring all incidents are tracked and remediated and changes are implemented under the auspices of Cornerstone’s policies and procedures
- Design, engineer, and automate across multiple open source and off the shelf technology solutions (software, hardware, mungeware…paying attention?)
- Liaison with software engineering as we build out towards a true DevOps culture
- Firmly believe that most things in life can be automated, it’s ok to love Puppet, Chef, PERL, Python, Jython, Bash, Java, .NET, Powershell, but must be adaptable to learn and support new technologies
- Enjoy mixing it up across different operating systems, storage, and network technologies. We believe Windows and Linux can co-exist harmoniously, as long as both are secure
- Work hard to keep Cornerstone’s infrastructure up 99.99%, and for you overachievers we have a special prize just for you
- When required, work extended hours when required under considerable pressure, including holidays and weekends if necessary to ensure operational compliance with Cornerstone service level agreements. Providing 24/7/365 support for all production services
- Interact with our clients on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations
- Collaborate with others as we build the infrastructure required to realize actual time travel, well, maybe that was a bit over the top but that’s how we expect you to roll
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Mastery of Linux and Windows operating systems and technologies that run on each
- Industry certifications across various technologies (VMware, HP, Tiered Storage, Cisco, etc.)
- Experience with security regulations (SOX, ISO 27001, SSAE16, FedRAMP, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
- Multiple years experience working as a System Engineer, Networking or Data Center operation and support experience, specifically for a large technology or internet company
- Extensive experience in a complex software environment (Microsoft and/or Linux)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering consistent system administration and documentation to operational teams, including feedback on system performance and service
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining production system infrastructure, involving massive amounts of data that needs to be secured, replicated, archived and delivered to clients with high reliability
- Strong understanding of hardware, security, storage area network, and database capacity
- Demonstrated experience with systems administration: Unix (Linux, Solaris), Windows
- Demonstrated experience with data security and physical security needs in a mission critical environment
- Direct involvement with 24/7/365 production environment
- Ability to manage individual project and escalation work load
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to synthesize technical data for non-technical audiences
- Skills as a team Leader and team player; flexibility
- Ability to travel up to 20% or as needed
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top