Senior Strategist, Public Relations (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Strategist, Public Relations (Santa Monica, CA)
The Senior Strategist, Public Relations is responsible for leading the PR and corporate communications initiatives for Cornerstone and its software and services. This person is tasked with creating and executing PR opportunities that elevate the Cornerstone brand and advance the company’s overall business objectives. This role also will work closely with the company’s CEO and other executive team members to promote the organization and elevate their individual profiles.
This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in building the brand of one of the world’s fastest-growing cloud companies and one of the LA tech community’s biggest success stories. Organizations rely on Cornerstone’s people management software to impact every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work performance even better. Cornerstone’s software is used by leading organizations such as Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Louis Vuitton, New Belgium Brewing, Walgreens, Turner Broadcasting, Nestle, Team Rubicon, the University of Southern California and more.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications, this role is part of the broader Marketing Communications team, which oversees analyst relations, client advocacy marketing, social media and PR/corporate communications. This is a highly collaborative and creative team; candidates should enjoy working closely with others and be comfortable working in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
The ideal candidate is a clear and persuasive communicator with intellectual curiosity and a “make it happen” mentality. Candidates should have the ability to plan and execute on projects, anticipate roadblocks, and be flexible and decisive while keeping initiatives moving forward. Someone who practices accountability and who shows passion and dedication will thrive in this role.
This role is based out of our Santa Monica, California headquarters.
In this role you will…
- Oversee the development and execution of PR/corporate communications strategies and initiatives
- Work closely with top executives to communicate a shared vision for the company and develop their individual professional brands
- Manage daily media relations activities. This includes fostering productive relationships with key contacts, uncovering opportunities, crafting compelling storylines/pitches, managing and coaching
spokespeople, and more
- Stay on the pulse of key business and product strategies across the organization, as well as industry issues and trends, and provide counsel to ensure communications strategies and messaging are on point
- Work with Marketing leadership to ensure alignment of PR/corporate communications across global teams
- Develop, write and edit various types of marketing communications content, from press releases, bylines and blog posts, to media pitches, FAQs and more
- Manage top-tier executive speaking engagements, including booking and coordination of opportunities, development of presentation content and more
- Collaborate with other areas of Marketing Communications – including analyst relations, client advocacy marketing, social media and other PR team members – to develop and execute integrated campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Investor Relations and other key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities, implement campaigns and ensure alignment
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the external PR agency
- … and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field
- 8-12 years of PR/corporate communications experience, with experience in both agency and in-house preferred
- Experience working with technology organizations; experience in enterprise technology, cloud applications or the learning/HR space a plus
- Experience working directly with C-level executives and corporate leadership
- Expertise and proven track record in building and running strategic communications programs and supporting multiple business units
- Established leadership experience, including direct report management
- A results-driven focus, operate well under pressure, and are fearless in setting and managing expectations
- The ability to influence people at all levels of the organization and build trust and mutual respect with key stakeholders
- Confidence, are effective in engaging with leadership, and use exceptional judgment in making strategic decisions
- Extensive media relations experience, with established relationships with top-tier business, technology and other relevant contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to create compelling content, uncover creative angles and craft interesting stories
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities, and can translate big ideas into successful campaigns that drive results
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and sense of humor, and are an enthusiastic, flexible team player
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top