Senior SQL Server Database Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aSenior SQL Server Database Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We see this as an exciting opportunity to join our core software architect team as a SQL Server Database Engineer working on our world-class enterprise software. You will solve complex database application problems in a high availability OnDemand software environment. We are looking for someone who has strong database application design and development skills using leading edge Microsoft technology. We are one of the largest SaaS companies on the planet with more than 16.5 million users on our application.
In this role you will...
- Work closely with the engineering group to design and implement databases, recommend solutions and mentor others as necessary
- Review and approve all schema changes and in the application
- Develop and maintain SQL Server 2008 stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers and indexes
- Responsible for performance tuning of slow Queries and optimized for faster response
- Design and implement data warehouse solutions, such as differential data
- Analyze Load Test results before deploying major database versions to Production
- Work closely with network operations, QA and application development Team
- ... and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- 5 years of database engineering experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Hands on experience with SQL Server indexes and execution plans
- Experience performance tuning SQL Server databases and troubleshooting bugs
- Experience with SQL Server tools and services, such as SSIS, ETL, cubes, db monitoring
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Must be a high energy team player with a positive attitude
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
- Experience with low level SQL internals
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Database Projects and Team System
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 32 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
Monty manages two Application Development Teams for Cornerstone OnDemand, overseeing those teams’ day-to-day projects and activities, ensuring that team members are continuing to grow in their careers.
Back to top