Senior Solution Consultant (Sydney, Australia)
We're looking for aSenior Solution Consultant (Sydney, Australia)
The Senior Solution Consultant ("SC") is a pivotal member of the sales team at Cornerstone OnDemand and is vital to the success of the sales process and ultimately of our clients themselves. The SC is highly specialized and possesses extensive knowledge of talent management subject matter, Cornerstone's market-leading solutions, our business, our clients and our competitors. The SC's primary responsibility is to effectively demonstrate how the Cornerstone solution will meet clients' needs and achieve stated business objectives.
The SC works in partnership with the Regional Sales Manager and other supporting team members to differentiate Cornerstone OnDemand by listening to clients, establishing trust and credibility, and challenging them to think differently about talent management. The SC will uniquely position Cornerstone OnDemand as the "partner-of-choice" and clearly show how that partnership will deliver enormous value to the client's organization.
The SC works tirelessly to understand what clients want to achieve and why. They audit current solutions in place; assess business, functional and technical requirements; contribute to the RFI/RFP process; and deliver highly targeted product demonstrations that clearly outperform those of our competitors.
Finally, the SC ensures continuity of the client experience as the client moves through the various phases of the client lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in software sales and/or pre-sales and a clear grasp of solution/value-based selling practices. Unparalleled communication and presentation skills are mandatory and must be demonstrated during the selection process.
In this role you will...
- Collaborate with direct sales team members to create and execute account/opportunity-specific sales strategies to win new business in a highly competitive environment
- Establish credibility and build trust during the sales process through effective listening and relationship building
- Deliver highly targeted demonstrations of the Cornerstone solution based on a client's stated requirements, within the context of the client's business and using the client's language
- Articulate Cornerstone's value proposition during the sales process to various technical and non-technical audiences and stakeholder groups at all levels (from end-users to executives)
- Collect, document and assess business, functional and technical requirements during the sales process and design/propose the appropriate Cornerstone solution to meet those requirements and achieve the stated business objectives
- Contribute to the Technical and Business Benefits Assessment by gaining deep understanding of client needs, identifying value drivers and monitoring achievement of strategic, financial and operational benefits to ensure that planned business outcomes are achieved
- Participate in the RFI/RFP process by contributing subject matter expertise in response to stated requirements
- Educate clients during the sales process through effective use of the "sandbox" environment, responding to client queries and assisting with process design as needed
- Maintain extensive and specialized knowledge of Cornerstone solutions, technologies, services and clients in order to position Cornerstone as the partner-of-choice over the competition
- As a true solution expert, educate direct sales team, clients and partners on the continuous innovations released into the Cornerstone solution
- Maintain open communication with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Consulting Services and other teams to continually inform them about evolving client needs and preferences, issues or product gaps and competitive intelligence
- ... and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with a strong academic record; advanced or MBA valued
- 8 – 10 years of field sales experience (pre-sales, sales engineering or direct sales) required; Experience selling talent management and/or HR-related software or services highly valup>
- Proven track record of exceeding individual and team sales quotas
- HR/Talent Management subject matter expertise and/or experience working with HR/Talent Management systems within a business highly valued
- Advanced communication and presentation skills and excellent command of the English language
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and virtual meeting technologies such as Cisco WebEx
- Ability to travel extensively within Australia / New Zealand
- Citizen of and/or permanent resident in the country the candidate applies for
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels; Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top