Senior Software Engineer (Mumbai, India)
We’re looking for aSenior Software Engineer (Mumbai, India)
You will become part of GTS (Global Technology Services) team and will join the engineering team integrating and implementing world-class enterprise software. You will be the subject matter expert and go-to resource for technical and non-technical co-workers as well as clients in one or more of our data integration workflows. You will work with project managers, partners and clients to identify gaps in functionality to create new technical solutions that support client specific functional requirements. You will work closely with our internal development team to decompose technical problems. To be a good fit for this position you will have blend of technical, analytical, & organizational skills. You will also have proven ability to deliver under pressure and within deadlines and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization.
In this role you will…
- Analyze user requirements and create, assimilate and convey technical specifications in a concise and effective manner
- Code & deliver the work product, with a first time right approach
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more data integration/ web services workflows, having the ability to provide technical guidance to clients integrating to a SaaS solution, and acting as a technical expert to mentor/ assist peer engineers
- Serve as a point-of-escalation for engineer community; anticipate and remove technical roadblocks, as needed
- Assist the Project Manager, Consulting & Implementation teams to summarize client requests and suggest enhancements to existing applications and/or processes
- Quickly determine root cause of technical issue and create plan to attack
- Be responsible for the quality of engineering team: Ability to perform system/ unit tests of all aspects of code changes to ensure meeting the system and client requirements
- Interact with England & India based development teams, QA teams and Release teams
- Work closely with Project Manager/ Integration Consultant. Communicate technical issues, project details & individual status
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to show you are extremely hands on in designing, coding, debugging, technical problem solving, prototyping, performance tuning, and unit testing
- A strong technical background, with experience identifying solutions that integrate Enterprise applications, SaaS or other complex services. Key skills and experiences would include working with Microsoft .NET, XML, WCF, REST. Experience developing and consuming web services. SSO/SAML implementation experience preferred.
- SQL Server Coding experience including, but not limiting to:
- T-SQL Queries with all types of Joins in Procedures, Triggers, Cursors
- Using Common Table Expression (CTE), Aggregate functions, Cross Tab queries, Pivot & Un-Pivot queries
- Writing Table Valued Functions& Scalar Functions
- Creating SSIS Package
- SQL Error handling
- Query Performance Tuning
- Experience with EAI/ 3rd party integrations. Experience with software integration as a consultant preferred with target platforms or technologies: Microsoft, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, or Salesforce.com
- Thorough understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively manage through the complexities of the business solution
- Experience in full lifecycle software development process and methods
- Strong communication skills and problem solving/ analytical skills
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Back to top