Senior Ruby Backend Software Engineer - CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aSenior Ruby Backend Software Engineer - CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
CyberU is a part of the Cornerstone Startup Accelerator, and we are looking for someone who can create the vision for and execute on the infrastructure for a scalable online video and e-commerce learning platform. The ability and passion to design and implement something from nothing is a must, along with long term vision for architecting quality code. Come join our team, and get in on the ground floor of a startup that will revolutionize the consumer learning space. This is a rare opportunity to shape the development of a clean-sheet project.
In this role you will...
- Work with team to define, document, and communicate the core system platform
- Ensure the platform meets the needs of application teams
- Ensure platform scalability and performance
- Ensure the platform is easy to deploy and sustain
- Ensure platform resiliency and plan for evolutionary paths
- Ensure the company understands the platform
- Work with IT as needed on tool and environment selection
- Produce scalable, robust, high-quality code
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies
- Actively contribute to architectural whiteboard/design session
- Promote the platform
- ... and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering-related field
- Extensive web-based application development experience with Ruby on Rails or Ruby on Sinatra
- Skills as a self-learner, and are able to keep up with and make use of new technologies in an ever-changing field
- Experience with multi-process Microservice/SOA Architectures
- Experience developing Cloud Deployed applications (Amazon AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Experience creating/consuming Web API's
- Ability to communicate technical issues or project details with Software Development Manager
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of the SDLC
- Experience with multiple programming languages and concepts: object-oriented, functional, etc.
- Server-side web application development experience
- Strong Database Background (Relational, Document, Key-Value, Graph, etc.)
- Linux Shells (Command Line skills)
- Multiprocess Architectures
- Knowledge of or experience with: Version Control: Git; Continuous Integration; Continuous Deployment; Agile/Scrum Development Methodologies; Multivariate Testing ("A/B"); Automated Unit Testing and Test Creation; Performance and Security Optimization; HTML5 concepts and their server-side considerations
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Other Open Source technologies desired (Python, PHP, Java)
- Experience or knowledge in a SaaS environment
- DevOps skills
We're here to help people thrive by providing accessible education to the world. At CyberU, we revolutionize the education experience for millions of learners and educators around the globe, through our unique online community marketplace. We empower experts from any field to efficiently share their knowledge and skills with learners thirsty for growth and development.
Have a passion for learning, teaching, or e-commerce? Join CyberU and help us to 'Educate the World'!
Why Join Us?
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k! We also give ALL of our employees Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) (NASDAQ: CSOD), career development plans, discounted gym membership and unlimited vacation policy. Breakfast is provided fresh daily, accompanied by Free Lunch on Fridays. And… we are hiring like crazy right now! We are constantly on the lookout for cool, smart, dependable, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class team.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top