Senior QA Analyst (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior QA Analyst (Santa Monica, CA)
Join our outstanding software development team as a Quality Assurance Analyst for our world-class enterprise software. You will work within a team and will interact daily with product managers and software engineers. We are looking for someone with recent software QA experience and proven ability to meet deadlines and perform in a fast paced professional QA environment.
You will need to have strong analytical and organizational skills and the strictest attention to details. You will need excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
In this role you will…
- Participate in defining data sets, test cases and test planning
- Execute functional tests under QA Leads’s guidance
- Identify and document software defects, functional and application user interface inconsistencies
- Interact closely with Development and QA teams on a regular basis
- Report status updates to senior staff
- Identify opportunities, make recommendations, and implement system performance/optimization and enhancements
- Work independently with minimal supervision and provide leadership and mentoring to associate QA Analysts
- Communicate technical issues or project details to Team Lead and Manager and Technical teams
- .. and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent degree and experience
- 5 years of experience with web-based application testing on Microsoft platform
- Proven experience writing test cases and documenting application defects
- Experience with database systems with an ability to create SQL queries
- An understanding of the SDLC and Change Management processes
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate technical issues or project details with technical team members and report to management
- Experience with Excel
- Strong analytical and written skills
- Experience testing client/server applications (functional, grey box, black box)
- SQL testing experience
- A proven QA track record in a high volume environment
Extra dose of awesome if you…
- Have experience testing web-based software applications
- Are familiar with MS .NET architecture
- Have load and stress testing experience
- Have experience with Mercury or other automation testing tools
- Have programming skills in C#.Net
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 27.7 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top