Senior Performance Test Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for a
Senior Performance Test Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We were cloud before cloud was cool! Now we are working on tomorrow's problems.
What sets us apart?
- We have been working in Cloud computing since we were founded in 1999. Now we're working on exciting projects in PaaS, Big Data and Machine Learning to help employees at some of the world's largest companies realize their potential.
- We are a technology company that understands the importance of staying up-to-date and at the forefront of new and innovative technologies. Global Scale?! We have over 30 million users in 192 different countries! Who even knew there were 192 different countries?
- We make software that empowers people, and we think that is pretty cool! So much so, that we live it every day. Cornerstone offers monthly development days, along with countless training opportunities. Top it off with real career growth possibilities, and you have yourself a company for the long term!
- Check out our office. Need a break? Go play in our arcade, watch a movie in our theater, or even get a free massage in our dedicated massage room! Or, grab some free food and rest on our outdoor patio (Ocean view of course ☺)
- We also offer top of the line benefits! How does Company stock, unlimited vacation, a 401k match and top of the line healthcare sound?
As a key member of the QA team, the Sr Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for contributing to qualifying product deliverables through the design, construction, execution, and results analysis of comprehensive load and performance tests. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, achievement focused, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied load/performance test challenges, and will always strive to improve the quality of their work. This individual will view himself/herself as a true professional in the software QA field.
- Own the development of a scalable performance and load test infrastructure, from requirements development and architectural design to implementation.
- Construct and maintain performance test scripts for both web-based applications and services using HP LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Contribute to the performance and load testing strategy.
- Work with various departments across the organization to obtain application usage data, data profiles, and test data for script development, calibration, and execution.
- Execute load tests on applications to understand whether the software meets requirements for production deployment.
- Use various tools (SQL Profiler/ Splunk) to measure resource usage and activity during the performance/load tests.
- Effectively analyze and communicate performance/load test results.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of system component interactions and data relationships.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in the design and implementation of performance test scenarios.
- 2+ years experience architecting, designing, and implementing a robust performance test infrastructure
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills in a technical environment.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal oversight.
- Good team player with the ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong proficiency using HP LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Database knowledge (MS SQL Server); able to write complex SQL queries and understand data relationships.
- Ability to analyze and segment performance data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, related field, or equivalent degree or experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Development experience with C# and/or other scripting languages like Python/Powershell would be a plus
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 33.5 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top