Senior Manager, Product Management (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for a
Senior Manager, Product Management (Santa Monica, CA)
As Sr. Manager, Product Management you will be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and overall financial profit and loss (P&L) for one of the four main product suite offerings. Additionally, you will coach, develop, and support a team of product managers who are responsible for definition, execution, and launch of the capabilities for their associated product domains.
The Sr. Manager, Product Management analyzes market and competitive conditions and lays out a product vision and roadmap that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on market and customer demands and data driven analysis of system usage. The role spans many activities from strategic to tactical and provides cross-functional leadership-bridging gaps within the company between different functions, especially between development, sales, marketing, and support.
In this role you will...
The Sr. Manager, Product Management is responsible for setting a product suite vision and strategy. Their job is to clearly articulate the business value to cross-functional teams so they understand the intent behind the roadmap. They own the strategy behind the product along with its roadmap and must work with development to define, prioritize and build what matters.
- Create and manage product suite roadmap, and vision
- Define KPIs and success metrics for your product suite
- Identify customer needs and market requirements
- Evaluate competitive landscape
- Define financial goals
- Create proposals for new initiatives
- Interface with and prioritize feature requests from prospects and customers
- Partner with Engineering leadership to align on the roadmap and business priorities
- Operationalize execution of the roadmap with distributed teams located in Santa Monica, CA (Product Management and Engineering) and Auckland, New Zealand (Product Management and Engineering)
The Sr. Manager, Product Management must plan for what their teams will deliver and when they will deliver it. The individual product managers on your team own the development execution and release aspect of the product. Release responsibilities include managing features and dependencies across releases, product and support teams; and managing releases with phases and milestones. You will be accountable for the quality of feature releases including adoption metrics, usability, and P&L impact.
In this role, you are responsible for making product decisions and often is the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the cross-functional teams that help bring the product to market and work directly with customers, such as marketing, sales, training and support services.
- Facilitate sales and channel training
- Assist pre-sales with project requests
- Define and ensure implementation of GTM assets including demo environments, training materials, and presentations
- Demonstrate new pre-release features
- Interfacing directly with customers in escalation
- Hosting internal and external webinars and live presentations at conferences as the subject matter expert for the product and the general market
The Sr. Manager, Product Management will have a team of Product Managers reporting directly to him or her, based out of Santa Monica, CA and Auckland, New Zealand. You will be responsible for the productivity, quality, and culture of your team.
- Creating a strong culture of teamwork aligned to Cornerstone's core values
- Defining standards and processes for your team that promote productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Reviewing and providing feedback on feature vision, definition, and progress
- Coaching and career development
You've got what it takes if you...
- Have 7+ years of experience in Product Management or related technical field
- Have strong analytical and problem solving capabilities using data as a driver of decisions
- Have experience leading a team working on customer-facing applications
- Have experience managing and operationalizing remote offices
- Thrive on developing your team and helping them achieve their goals
- Advocate for the customer's happiness
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills to be an influencer without direct hierarchical authority
- Polished presentation skills for internal and external audiences
- Ability to prioritize and create a strategy based upon an understanding market trends, financial data, customer needs, assessment of competitive intelligence data, and data metrics derived from system usage
- Build consensus among stakeholders
- Hold at least a BA/BS degree
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies-from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox-and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better - which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 42 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top