Senior Linux Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Linux Engineer (Santa Monica, CA)
Senior level enterprise UNIX engineering talent, the kind that understand how to deploy large scale environments ensuring redundancy, resiliency, and security. Eat, live, and breathe continuous delivery and process automation.Passion for all things Linux, capable of meeting in the middle between operations and development, have an overwhelming need to conquer the world one script at a time, and not afraid to reach new levels of awesomeness.Collaborative team player that is excited to work alongside some of the most talented resources in all of Southern California, maybe even the world – we are working on an official certificate.
In this role you will work on the following…
- Acts as the highest level of Linux/Unix support for all Cornerstone production systems/services
- Design, engineer, and automate across multiple open source and off the shelf technology solutions
- Automate the virtual and physical infrastructure at Cornerstone, specifically focusing on CentOS and all other *nix variants that may be deployed using puppet modules.
- Work hard to keep Cornerstone’s infrastructure up 99.9% of the time.
- Participate in on-call duties commensurate with the responsibilities of managing hundreds of nodes running a 24×7×365 SAAS platform.
- Collaborating with others as we attempt to build another deathstar, well, maybe that was a bit over the top but that’s how we expect you to roll.
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Mastery over various flavors of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu etc.) with understanding in Automation and authoring experience across various languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Puppet etc.)
- Experience building rapid provisioning processes leveraging various technologies to ensure systems are provisioned, secure, and available within minutes
- Multiple years working for enterprise corporations, preferably SaaS, in highly efficient and dynamic teams, using different hardware and software platforms.
- Industry certifications across various technologies
- Experience with security regulations (SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Solid experience working with different compute and storage solutions (Cisco, Dell, HP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of network fundamentals and troubleshooting (nslookup, dig, tcpdump, netcat, load balancing, etc.)
- An uncompromising passion for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement.
- Team player intensely focused on contributing to our culture and making the world a better place to live.
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Demonstrated how configuration management across hundreds of nodes can be managed by a small tightknit team
- Experience with large scale web systems
- Experience supporting Tomcat, jboss, Spark, HortonWorks Hadoop clusters, Couchbase, docker
- Virtualization platforms like VMWare and OpenStack
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top