We're looking for a SeniorSoftware Engineer (Bengaluru, India)
We were cloud before cloud wascool! Now we are working on tomorrow's problems.
What sets us apart?
We have been working in Cloudcomputing for 15+ years and now working on exciting projects in PaaS, Big Dataand Predictive Analytics.
We are a technology company thatunderstands the importance of staying up-to-date and at the forefront of newand innovative technologies. Global Scale?! Cornerstone'speople development solutions are used by approximately 7,000 clients of allsizes, spanning more than 75 million users across over 180 countries and 50+languages.
We make software that empowerspeople, and we think that is pretty cool! So much so, that we live it everyday. Cornerstone offers monthly development days, along with countless trainingopportunities. Top it off with real career growth possibilities, and you haveyourself a company for the long term!
Check out our office. Need acode break? Go play TT, Carrom, Chess, etc. or even get a free massage everyquarter! Or, grab some free food at our in-house pantry.
We also offer top of the linebenefits! How does Company stock, PTO, a PF match, Free Friday lunch/dinner andtop of the line healthcare insurance sound?
Intrigued? Please read on...
In this role, you will...
- Develop, maintain and enhance .NET applications and services to contribute to our legacy and cloud platform.
- Analyze product and technical user stories and convey technical specifications in a concise and effective manner.
- Code & deliver a working product, with a 'first time right' approach.
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and technical design reviews; provide input as appropriate.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and other team members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products.
- Actively mentor individuals and promote best Development practices.
- Leading projects as necessary, increasing team productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Participate in key architectural decisions and design considerations.
- Troubleshoot complex production issues and provide detailed RCA.
- Interact with US based Engineering, Product and Release teams as necessary.
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years of experience with active hands-on development experience in object-oriented languages like, C#, Java or others.
- Experience developing Microservices, RESTful services, or other SOA development experience (preferably AWS)
- Exposure to ORM's like Entity Framework, Nhibernate or similar.
- Strong TDD approach and hands on experience on tools like Nunit, xUnit or any other testing tools.
- Strong in OOP and SOLID design principles.
- Understand basic AWS core services and basic architecture best practices.
- Experience in working on projects with public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Exposure to modern java script frameworks.
- Highly efficient data persistent design techniques. Strong understanding of data retrieval performance (queries, caching).
- Able to optimize designs/queries for scale.
- Proficient experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server/Postgres. Exposure to other non-relational DBs like DynamoDB is a plus!
- Good understanding on how to deal with concurrency and parallel work streams.
- Should have work experience in Agile SCRUM.
- Should be very good at analyzing and Debugging/Troubleshooting functional and technicalissues.
- Should have good insight on Performance/Optimization techniques.
- Good understanding on secure development practices and proactively codes to avoid security issues.Able to resolve all findings.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Conversant in algorithms, software design patterns, and their best usage.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal oversight.
- Good team player with the ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Passion for continuous process and technology improvement
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in front end technologies like Angular or React.