Senior Financial Analyst (Santa Monica,CA)
We're looking for aSenior Financial Analyst (Santa Monica,CA)
We are seeking a senior financial analyst with exceptional forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling talent. This position will help to drive the success of the business by providing information and analysis to assist in decision-making. This position will report to the Associate Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, and would be supporting various functions within the Finance department. We are looking for someone who is honest, analytical, hardworking, and able to interact with management on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun while at it. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing, dynamic company.
- Assist in the ongoing preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual (multi-year) GAAP forecasts, including, budget to actual variance analysis, rolling forecasts, etc.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports; including sales analysis, bookings analysis, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and supporting schedules, as needed.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business and conduct technical, accounting-based research to create models and forecasts for management with definitive financial/trend data and advice for use in setting and realizing company objectives.
- Partner with various business departments to provide financial analytic support to achieve financial goals and optimize business operations.
- Work directly with operation groups to update forecasts and monitor performance, including sales forecasts, billings forecasts, and services forecasts.
- Provide support and assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- Analyze current internal business processes and improve efficiency.
- Partner with the Accounting team for reporting requirements and budget to actual variance analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years' work experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, or other related fieldp>
- Strong research, analytical skills, pro-active problem solving skills, and self-motivation to perform tasks above and beyond responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Formulas and Functions, including: Pivot tables, Vlookups, Nested IF statements, Logic statements, etc. are a major plus.
- Financial modeling experience in Excel strongly preferred.
- Must be capable of working in fast-paced and changing environment; be self-directed; and work well as a team player.
- Must have an interest in the technology industry.
- Experience working with Anaplan, Salesforce.com, and Netsuite a strong plus.
- Experience in cash flow reporting, financial close processes, and accounting principles in computer software or related industries.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top