Senior Director of Marketing, Global Small Business (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Director of Marketing, Global Small Business (Santa Monica, CA)
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is the largest and most successful independent talent management software vendor in the world, and one of the world’s largest Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director of Marketing for our Global Small Business team. This individual will lead our global marketing efforts to the small business segment, which we define to consist of organizations with less than 250 employees. The Global Small Business team sells Cornerstone Growth Edition, which is our small business solution that makes performance reviews simple and intuitive. The solution not only automates employee performance reviews, but it also gives managers practical tips and guidance to develop their employees and make smarter business decisions.
This is an exciting time for someone to drive aggressive customer acquisition efforts by leading a team of marketers focused solely on the small business segment.
The successful candidate will be a proven, powerhouse marketing professional with experience creating awareness and demand of products in the small business segment. The right candidate is team-oriented and comfortable working in a hands-on environment. Strong analytical and organization skills, as well as an ROI driven approach to marketing, are required.
In this role you will…
- Formulate the strategic direction and evolution of marketing efforts aimed to dramatically grow Cornerstone’s client base in the small business segment
- Lead the effort to uncover the most effective and profitable ways to persuade the fragmented, diverse, and unique small business audience across the entire readiness curve to engage with Cornerstone
- Develop and execute scalable, measurable, and profitable marketing programs that target small business owners
- Create and execute the go-to-market plans for product updates and major product launches
- Partner with Sales and other functions to create and execute a strategy for winning new clients and upselling existing clients
- Arm Sales with the knowledge to turn prospects into clients through materials that include product collateral, client stories, white papers, competitive talking points, product training materials and demo videos
- Work closely with the Global Small Business Product team to review market trends and translate them into business value propositions and new product innovations
- Craft product positioning and messaging and oversee delivery of marketing campaign copy via targeted approaches
- Work closely with the broader Cornerstone marketing team to ensure consistent messaging and branding
- Partner with global teams to create demand and awareness in international markets
- Build, lead, inspire, grow, and manage a growing team of marketing professionals
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- 10+ years of experience marketing software products to the small business segment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing multiple marketing channels and market segmentation methods to create awareness and demand
- A strong sense of curiosity and comfort with regards to driving insight from data and result sets
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a great communicator
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to lead team of experienced marketing professionals
- Experience in a high-growth company
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- An MBA
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top