Senior DevOps Engineer, CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior DevOps Engineer, CyberU (Santa Monica, CA)
CyberU is a part of the Cornerstone Startup Accelerator, and we are looking for someone who has successfully implemented CI and CD solutions in an enterprise environment.
In this role you will…
- Enable Dev and Ops to build and deploy our applications from code to production and internal environments using our infrastructure
- Work with your team members and peer groups to deploy continuous deployments, continuous integration, automate machine provisioning and compliance work in a fast paced startup environment, guaranteeing uptime levels that exceed 99.9%+
- Standardize, automate and document setup of development and production environments
- Some minimal database management/administration help for Postgres/Mysql/MongoDb (cleaning up data, backups ,profiling etc) will be required
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices
- Bring new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Multiple years working for enterprise corporations or startups, preferably SaaS, in highly efficient and dynamic teams, using different hardware and software platforms
- Proven experience in successful implementation of CD and CI using docker
- Solid experience working with different package management solutions
- Solid experience with Linux infrastructure; OS, networking, sysadmin
- A team player mindset; intensely focused on contributing to our culture and making the world a better place to live
- At least 2 years of automation experience using configuration management tool, such as Docker for a cloud setup such as AWS
- Python/Ruby coding/scripting skills (other scripting language may be considered)
- 2 or more years of experience in a DevOps role – meaning supporting developers by providing infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD systems, etc.
- 2 or more years of experience with CI systems, such as Jenkins,Codeship, Drone, Bamboo
- Experience with one or more of these technologies: GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Jira
- Experience with Linux and Unix platforms
- Experience with Monitoring tools; nagios
- A solid understanding of both network and systems security
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Some experience managing/administrating databases
- Knowledge of Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant, etc.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top