Senior Associate, Controls and Compliance (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Associate, Controls and Compliance (Santa Monica, CA)
The Controls and Compliance Senior Associate will be responsible for the planning, performing and reporting of SOX 404 and internal audit projects. This position will work on the SOX 404 controls testing and design evaluation. Additional special projects, including due diligence and other analytical and value-added projects, will be assigned on an as-needed basis. This role reports to the SOX and IT Audit Manager.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to interact with the accounting team on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands-on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
In this role you will…
- Serve as the day to day lead resource for financial, business and IT control environments at Cornerstone
- Perform key components of management’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404, financial and IT compliance efforts and annual audit plan
- Develop SOX risk assessment, scoping, documentation and testing programs in support of management’s certification and in accordance to IIA, COSO and COBIT professional audit standards
- Support financial system integrations, implementations and provide guidance on best IT and security controls practices
- Prepare timely audit reports for Controls and Compliance Management team, and support reporting needs for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors
- Perform audit review procedures to verify that controls are operating effectively through continuous testing and recommend and monitor corrective action plans
- Coordinate work with Operations, Process Owners and IT Security teams
- Provide advice on the design of internal controls, policies and procedures
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal CSOD policies
- Act as primary liaison for SOX 404 external auditors’ assessment. Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor
- …and being the rockstar you are, be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- 2-5 years audit experience
- Executive presence and good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to provide guidance to audit team peers and Management on audit and control issues
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and/or supervise 1-2 staff based on project needs
- CISA and/or CIA
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (“IIA”) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) standards
- Knowledge of Corporate governance and Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX 404”) regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of System Development Lifecycle (“SDLC”) and IT General Control (“ITGC”) compliance requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Visio and MS Project
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
- Big 4 or public company experience
- CPA certification
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 26 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Back to top