Senior Accounting Manager, Revenue (Santa Monica, CA)
We’re looking for aSenior Accounting Manager, Revenue (Santa Monica, CA)
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead our revenue accounting team. Reporting to the Accounting Director, this person will be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as, revenue recognition, monthly close, audit support, forecasting etc.
We are looking for someone who is a leader, strong communicator, hardworking and able to interact with management on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
In this role you will…
- Lead and support revenue team of approximately 10-15 revenue accountants, including 2 managers
- Oversee revenue recognition in accordance with relevant accounting guidance
- Manage and monitor the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring quality financial statements and timely delivery
- Review, analyze, and interpret customer agreements to evaluate and identify potential revenue recognition issues prior to order processing
- Analyze current internal business processes and improving efficiency through implementation of new processes and software automation tools
- Lead the Company’s implementation of the new revenue recognition accounting standard (ASC 606) which will impact all public companies by 2018
- Produce insightful financial analyses and reports on a regular and ad hoc basis for executive and functional management teams, as well as the board and investors
- Support quarterly and annual audit processes
- Foster an environment of high quality work, team collaboration and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Sales team to optimize and review structure of sales agreements
- Other accounting related duties, as required.
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent
- 8-10 years of accounting related experience. Combination of public accounting and software industry and/or multiple element arrangement experience is highly preferred. Straight public candidates with significant experience working with software industry or multiple element arrangements are considered.
- Proven experience leading a team under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong technical accounting and research skills
- Exceptional communication skills are required to interact upward with the executive team, cross functionally and managing a large team
- Ability to coach and develop staff on technical accounting, close procedures and team work
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren’t your typical techies…
We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we’d love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 29.9 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top