Senior Accountant, Order to Cash - (Ottawa, Canada)
- Ottawa, Canada
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is at a critically important juncture in the company's lifecycle. CSOD is the world's largest and most successful stand-alone unified Talent Management company and one of the world's largest SaaS companies. The company is entering a phase of achieving scale and global expansion through continued relentless execution.
Cornerstone OnDemand is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Order to Cash team. This role will report to the Order to Cash Accounting & Finance Manager. The ideal candidate has a passion for accounting and process, is a self-starter, detail oriented, honest, hardworking individual, able to multi-task and successfully communicate with internal departments and management.
In this role you will...
- Prepare monthly journal entries and provide monthly close deliverables as assigned
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the order to cash area
- Prepare quarterly reporting to support external disclosures, mgmt. reporting, audit & month end close requirements
- Perform variance analysis of key order to cash related ledger accounts
- Assist in creation, maintenance and mapping of SKU's
- Assist in performing system testing and audits
- Contribute to the global monthly/quarterly close processes in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Design, improve, automate and document processes
- Maintain strong, foundational relationships with business partners and accounting peers to address accounting and operational needs.
- Lead or participate in adhoc projects as requested
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in similar type roles
- Must have strong critical thinking, problem solving, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency
- Experience building new capabilities and process optimization
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of achieving results with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to interact upward and cross functionally
Back to top