Security Engineer- Contractor (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for aSecurity Engineer- Contractor (Santa Monica, CA)
The Systems Security Engineer will support the Chief Information Security Officer to provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our customers. The primary function of this role is to be responsible for developing and implementing security solutions, including the ongoing assessment and tracking of adherence to required security guidelines across the enterprise computing environment.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in information security and a proven ability to deliver under pressure
In this role you will..
- Administer network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in Windows environment
- Formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
- Implement technical solutions to contractual requirements supporting SSAE16, FISMA, ISO 27001
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Conduct risk assessments, penetration tests and diagnose internet/extranet security, intrusion attempts, and cyber-crime response
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects
- Solid familiarity with application and network security.
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS
You've got what it takes if you have..
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience.
- Three (3) years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role.
- Experience scripting in a Windows environment using PowerShell or equivalent
- Five or more years' experience in IT security
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
Extra dose of awesome if you have any of the following licenses/certifications ..
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our free massages, yoga studio, arcade, movie theatre, free breakfast and generous stock units), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world's largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels & Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 19.1 million people in 191 countries and in 42 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Meet Some of Cornerstone OnDemand's Employees
VP Of Global Client Success & Support
Chris defined Cornerstone’s client success strategy, which is now core to the business. He’s constantly talking to clients and communicating their needs internally, executing that strategy and improving customer experience.
Back to top