Security Analyst (Santa Monica, CA)
We're looking for a
Security Analyst (Santa Monica, CA)
In this role you will...
- Work closely with the Global Information Security and Compliance team to implement security standards across the organization.
- Perform security assessments of IT systems and evaluate against technical controls and operating procedures.
- Ensure findings and evidence are collected, reviewed, remediated, and presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintain and create documentation related to security technologies. Document security related policies and procedures, and follow-up to validate implementations.
- Assist in response to internal and external audits and security assessments.
- Assist the Technology Operations and Application Development teams in their transition to a cloud-first environment.
- Research emerging technology in support of security enhancement and development efforts. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement reviews.
- Leverage a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool to effective automate security and compliance processes.
- ... and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
You've got what it takes if you have...
- A bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in an information security function or role
- Experience in FISMA and/or FedRAMP
- Exposure to public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience performing security risk assessments
- Experience performing security gap assessments
- Experience developing risk mitigation strategies
- Experience leveraging GRC tools to automate audit, compliance, and security processes (e.g. RSA Archer, SAI, MetricStream, IBM OpenPages, etc.)
- Experience planning and implementing technical security controls (e.g. access management, antivirus, patch management, vulnerability scanning, log management, etc.)
- Experience with major security frameworks (e.g. ISO 27001, SSAE 16, PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, FISMA, FFIEC, etc.)
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent word processing skills with MS Office, Project, and Visio
Extra dose of awesome if you...
- Have applicable IT certifications
- Designed and implemented security controls in a cloud-first environment
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and security controls
- Experience implementing security controls in a microservices cloud environment
- Experience implementing GRC tools and automation
- US Citizenship
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization's greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone's HCM platform is successfully used by more than 40 million people in 187 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Back to top